• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help finding where this light goes.

Oldsouthernboy

I have been working on my M1009 and found a light loose under the dash. It has two wires to it, the bulb is in a round twist in base and is of the bayonet type, push in and twist to lock in. When I pull out the light switch to the first postion it comes onand stay while the lights are on . I am at loss to find where this goes, to short to go across the dash, hangs down under the dash next to STAICE connector. The interior light under the dash works when I adjust the light level on the switch to full right postion. I have checked and replaced the light on the heater contols, only one space for a light and I have a new light bulb in that today. I must be looking over something so darn simple when I find out I will feel real stupid but I am baffled right now.[thumbzup]

Oldsouthernboy

Dang the one place I did not check. when I had the dash apart I did not see a a light to the volt meter, never had a light there at all. Like I said some thing simple and in my face. I will run out and check now. Yep It is the voltmeter light. Raining right now and I do not want to light my self so I will wait untill the morning to put in place. Thanks all. :lost:

Last edited:

Crash_AF

It sounds like the light for the heater controls, the one for the voltmeter isn't a twist-lock it's push in and the bulb is a regular 1/4 turn bulb, not a push in 194 bulb.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks