• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help - stuck sides on a m105

scottjhl

Hey guys the cargo sides on my trailer are really stuck in there... pulling and my brother using a hammer with a screwdriver on the outer sides... did nothing...

ANY help with this is appreciated, as I am debating using a hi lift to get them out, but I fear that doing so will bend the aluminum..

-Scott

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bring it here and we can use the crane as well. No worries about the aluminum, there is none! I normally use a porta power but I see the high lift working too. Oh, get a stronger brother too!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ONLY way to remove stubborn rails.......
SHOWOFF :drool:

I do what Maddawg suggests: I use a big prybar with a block of wood under it to pry them up & out. Worked every time.

Of course if I had a crane or knuckleboom I'd use it in a heartbeat. Every chance I got.

SteveKuhn

Had the same problem. Used a HiLift with a wrinkle: Put a 2 x 4 or the like to spread the force along the rack and use some type of angle iron attached to the wood as a lip to get under the wood slats & avoid dinging them. Soaking in PB a day or 2 wouldn't hurt along with some good banging with a BFH and a block.

Not as much fun as the crane but hey, we can't all have great toys.

Steve

KsM715

Try the prybar and wood again. Start at one end and pry a little bit right next to the stake pocket. then move to the next pocket and so on up and down the side at each stake pocket. You can not lift to high on one end at a time or it will put the far end in a bind.

scottjhl

Try the prybar and wood again. Start at one end and pry a little bit right next to the stake pocket. then move to the next pocket and so on up and down the side at each stake pocket. You can not lift to high on one end at a time or it will put the far end in a bind.
Yep... tried this... It worked on my brother's trailer, but not on mine.

Has been soaking for a few days now, might try it again before driving over to Kenny's.

Worst case, another drive of the truck... darn ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks