• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help wanted in SE Pennsylvania (Montgomery County)

Navy dude

Hello,

I have 2 HMMWV's I would like to restore. Both won't take too much to do, and I have gotten most of the parts I need. I have done some work myself but have time constraints with work and sometimes need extra help. I am brand new to the area so no real contacts yet. My next project is to clean up/paint/install turret and cupola on a slantback. I called a local shop out here, but they are backed up with projects. I can wait but thought I would reach out to see if any locals would be willing to help.... not looking for freebies of course. If nothing else, I would like to meet fellow HMMWV fans. I live in Jenkintown PA. Thanks very much!

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

Just a heads up you mighty want to fix your location in your profile it lists Phoenix , AZ as your location.
What do you mean by restore ? to most that means back to original configuration with original equipment per the model # and year.
That can kind of get expensive . Or do you just want to squirt some paint on them to make them look new?

Navy dude

Gotcha, edited location. I have had a few 5 tons in AZ, had to get rid of them due to space at new house... bought the HMMWV's because smaller. Everything I want to do to the slant will be bone stock. I suppose somewhere in between. I'm not looking for a museum resto, but everything I put on will be new or as close as I can get. I have been buying new parts like a madman, so know that it's going to be expensive.

Dock Rocker

I would consider shipping or hauling them down to Georgia and letting Blackdog put it together for you. That’s not something I would let the average mechanic do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks