• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help wanted in SE Pennsylvania (Montgomery County)

Navy dude

Hello,

I have 2 HMMWV's I would like to restore. Both won't take too much to do, and I have gotten most of the parts I need. I have done some work myself but have time constraints with work and sometimes need extra help. I am brand new to the area so no real contacts yet. My next project is to clean up/paint/install turret and cupola on a slantback. I called a local shop out here, but they are backed up with projects. I can wait but thought I would reach out to see if any locals would be willing to help.... not looking for freebies of course. If nothing else, I would like to meet fellow HMMWV fans. I live in Jenkintown PA. Thanks very much!

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

Just a heads up you mighty want to fix your location in your profile it lists Phoenix , AZ as your location.
What do you mean by restore ? to most that means back to original configuration with original equipment per the model # and year.
That can kind of get expensive . Or do you just want to squirt some paint on them to make them look new?

Navy dude

Gotcha, edited location. I have had a few 5 tons in AZ, had to get rid of them due to space at new house... bought the HMMWV's because smaller. Everything I want to do to the slant will be bone stock. I suppose somewhere in between. I'm not looking for a museum resto, but everything I put on will be new or as close as I can get. I have been buying new parts like a madman, so know that it's going to be expensive.

Dock Rocker

I would consider shipping or hauling them down to Georgia and letting Blackdog put it together for you. That’s not something I would let the average mechanic do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk