• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help : what is missing?

fpchief

We just got an 1123 in and it was missing the CDR valve also. I was wondering about why until this thread popped up. Makes sense now.
They ripped the fording switch out ...which was nice.
Looks like they hammered it trying to destroy the valve while still installed....

fpchief

Ya I think it is. I went ahead and got a ful DWF kit because so much is gone, the switch, the intake stack, the exhaust, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably was a good idea. You most likely will not have to take off breather, I doubt they messed with the kit that goes on the bottom of it.

tgejesse

Let me guess, M1123 from Barstow? I just noticed this exact same thing on my hmmwv. They shoved a
‘gap’ hose from one hose to the other. They destroyed one of the hoses when doing this. I just ordered a CDR (not the fording one) and two new hoses.
I’m curious if this will effect blow by in any way. Did anyone here experience a reduced blow by when adding / fixing / replacing the CDR?

Crik13

Looks like they hammered it trying to destroy the valve while still installed....
I have the 1123 also, missing the cdr and switch. Mine will not shift up or down, checked for vacuum leak by spraying starter fluid on lines, no change in idle, fluid is clean and full, any help is greatly appreciated?!

Crik13

I haven't noticed any change, I have also taken the air cleaner components out and put a small open k&n filter in its place.

diesel_dave

I have the 1123 also, missing the cdr and switch. Mine will not shift up or down, checked for vacuum leak by spraying starter fluid on lines, no change in idle, fluid is clean and full, any help is greatly appreciated?!
This is a diesel engine so there really isn't any vacuum. None of those tubes have anything to do with the transmission shifting issue you are having.

diesel_dave

Thank you,, Any idea of what it would be?
You have a 4L80e where the "e" stands for electronic. Which means the transmission is electronically controlled. That being said, there are about a dozen basic things that could cause what you describe. Is your truck stuck in first gear or is it in second? If it's in second, it's probably in limp mode.

Crik13

You have a 4L80e where the "e" stands for electronic. Which means the transmission is electronically controlled. That being said, there are about a dozen basic things that could cause what you describe. Is your truck stuck in first gear or is it in second? If it's in second, it's probably in limp mode.
Seems like over drive, take off is a little sluggish then gets upto speed and when I let off the gas and apply gas again it revs up to catch up where it left off.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ALSO for you guys with no CDR valve, that hose in the middle of the bracket goes DIRECTLY into the intake, one small screw, washer etc. and your engine is TOAST, do not pass go do not collect $200 it's time for a new engine!!!!!!
PLUG THAT HOLE!!!!!!
PLUG THAT HOLE.jpeg

blutow

It sounds like it's in limp mode (which means fixed in 2nd gear). This document (link below) has some really good info about how the transmission works and how to troubleshoot it. I'd start by checking the breaker behind the passenger seat. The transmissions is all electronic and the brain is in the box behind the drivers seat. Lack of electical power can cause limp mode (check breaker) or it could be any number of other faults. I'd also check the connection to the transmission box and transmission. Disconnect the negative on the main battery before disconnecting or reconnecting the TCM harness.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like it's in limp mode (which means fixed in 2nd gear). This document (link below) has some really good info about how the transmission works and how to troubleshoot it. I'd start by checking the breaker behind the passenger seat. The transmissions is all electronic and the brain is in the box behind the drivers seat. Lack of electical power can cause limp mode (check breaker) or it could be any number of other faults. I'd also check the connection to the transmission box and transmission. Disconnect the negative on the main battery before disconnecting or reconnecting the TCM harness.

Actually the 4L is not all electronic, it is a half breed/messed over regurgitated TH400,,the 6L was GM's first all electronic transmission

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks