• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help : what is missing?

DefendersMN

I just got my M1123. I am new to the 6.5L Diesel and HMMWV's. I can't figure out what has been removed here. Under the hood just in front of the bulkhead. Passenger side of engine. Just to the passenger's side of the air intake to the intake manifold. This black plate with two screw holes is just sitting there with a hose in the middle that is open and runs to the intake manifold. There is also a hose that is just open that runs to a filler cap. I very much appreciate any assistance, and I apologize for my newbie questions.

M

I1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg

4.jpeg

fpchief

You are most likely missing your fording valve and sensor cup also. Those along with DWF CDR valve are what gets removed for the demil process prior to auction. DWF CDR is expensive if you buy it new, it has to be the one for the fording kit if you want to make it as it was. The fording valve can be had from the want to buy in SS classifieds, and sensor cup is about $10 from kascar.

DefendersMN

your Missing the bracket as well....
Would the bracket be in this kit? II can't identify from the parts list.

parts.list.deep.water.2.jpgparts.list.deep.water.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Ajax MD

You are most likely missing your fording valve and sensor cup also. Those along with DWF CDR valve are what gets removed for the demil process prior to auction. DWF CDR is expensive if you buy it new, it has to be the one for the fording kit if you want to make it as it was. The fording valve can be had from the want to buy in SS classifieds, and sensor cup is about $10 from kascar.
Ah! I didn't know that removing some DWF components was part of the demil process. All of my DFW components are in place except for that sensor cup and the tall intake stack and exhaust stack. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why these parts were removed. Now I know.

DREDnot

We just got an 1123 in and it was missing the CDR valve also. I was wondering about why until this thread popped up. Makes sense now.
They ripped the fording switch out ...which was nice.

Attachments

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The demil process seems random and probably depended on how much of a hurry they were in on a Friday afternoon. Mine was missing the extended exhaust and the fording switch looked as if a cutoff wheel had been hastily used. All other components remained.
- HoveringHMMWV

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to see the TM or manual that outlines the demill process.

Just crazy stupid since deep water fording components and kits are sold and out there with no problem.......

fpchief

Ah! I didn't know that removing some DWF components was part of the demil process. All of my DFW components are in place except for that sensor cup and the tall intake stack and exhaust stack. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why these parts were removed. Now I know.
I have not seen them remove the stacks for demil. Must have taken their time with yours!

What sucks is mine had each part they took off, thrown in the back...all smashed. I am retired military I understand the need for some things to be demilled....I do not understand why they chose the fording Kits though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks