• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help with basic problems

sewerzuk

I might be mistaken, but from the earlier set of photos you posted it seems as if the rams are not mounted on the same plane. I am talking about the inner ends by the pumpkin. It looked like one was mounted fairly flat, and the other was kicked up at an angle. If they are indeed mounted at different angles, that would not seem good for the steering geometry.

Different question - if you mount the ends of the rams further out by the tie rod ends, will the rams have enough travel?

Both good points; at the factory tie rod location, you need roughly 9" of travel.

crazywelder72

i came up with a plan today based of the suggestions and proven knowledge from you all. I will be able to get the pistons on the same plane, and be parallel to the axle and be out at the end to help with leverage. I'll get pics of the mock up when i can.