• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with id'n a crane unit

tcody

The MAN came with either an Atlas AK 4300 (M1001 and M1002) or the smaller AK 3300 (M1013). Although there are some similarities between the crane pictured and the Atlas units, I do not believe it was made by Atlas. All Atlas cranes used by MAN that I am aware of had integral outriggers and used Rotzler winched with hydromatik pumps. They also were mounted to the frame by in integral mounting weldment that is different than the frame mounting shown in the photos above. The winch and hydraulics do not appear to be from these manufacturers. It might be worth a closer look. Even if the crane ID tag is gone the winch tag etc. may be there which would help narrow your search. I am not that familiar with grove cranes, but this looks very similar to those mounted ton some of the LVS units after the wajax/palfinger units were done away with.

Last edited:

MilitaryRestoration

According to the gentleman there are no markings on the unit period. :-/ Thank you for the help/suggestions, let me know if you come up with anything else, I think I'm going to try and call grove monday and see what they can come up with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks