• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with truck Id

Bjmca

Have to say I think these trucks are awesome and probably really nice to drive with all the creature comforts inside. However that being said the new trucks and new EPA guidelines seem to be making these motors very unreliable now. I go into many truck repair shops for my job and most problems are now related to wiring corrosion , egr systems, and regeneration systems.

When you see a bunch of late model trucks having major repairs with less than 30,000 miles on then it makes me wonder if all that extra cab space is so they can carry around a fleet of mechanics with them. :roll:

M1031CMT

As far as I have been told and seen, new EPA regulations do not apply to these trucks because they are military vehicles. The new Canadian trucks have no EGR/exhaust systems on them as they could cause problems for a vehicle in theater.

PWM

I loved driving the FL-80’s. They had comfortable air ride seats , the AC worked great, and they had an good am/fm stereo. It is not the greatest picture of the driver’s view but they have great visibility with the sloped hood and huge mirrors. I would rather drive a FL-80 through city traffic than the 1 ton Chevy’s we had.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks