• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Wheel Question

Olly

HI, I finally started putting together my tires and wheels and after I bolted together one wheel and tire and I was on my second one I realized that in the runflat that there was what lloked like a place and hole for the air valve now I've heard conflicting things on whether it's important for it to be properly lined up with that or not so before I go and take the first one apart to fix something that may or may not be a problem is it? Does the air valve need to line up to the space on the run flat? Thanks for any help.

charlesmann

When i did my lmtv wheels, even though i rmvd the run flats out of the few that had them, they were lined up with the valve stem. A couple 14R20s on combat wheels had R/F in them and they too were lined up. It might not matter, but its only 1 tire a d if by chance it does make a diff, then its already done and the rest can be put together. Its better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Olly

When i did my lmtv wheels, even though i rmvd the run flats out of the few that had them, they were lined up with the valve stem. A couple 14R20s on combat wheels had R/F in them and they too were lined up. It might not matter, but its only 1 tire a d if by chance it does make a diff, then its already done and the rest can be put together. Its better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
Thanks for the response now that I've had a few hours away from it I've been thinking I may just rip it apart tomorrow and fix it. Hell, I've already done 6 of them the right way might as well fix the seventh at this point. As you said it's better to be prepared than not.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard conflicting things on whether it's important for it to be properly lined up with that or not ...........
All RFs have channels and/or holes and are designed to never block the air valve, no matter what position.
I would leave that first wheel as is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks