• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here we go again with the H.O.A

quickfarms

I hate to say this but you might want to talk to a lawyer to see if the CC&Rs apply to your vehicle and are enforceable.

If they are picking you and not citing all of the other people who are in violation you could open a pandoras box on these people.

My cousin had an issue with his association. They were trying to force him to change his landscaping to what they wanted. His lawyer threatened to take them to court and they backed down real fast. Now the association will not mess with him.

Blueduce

I hate to say this but you might want to talk to a lawyer to see if the CC&Rs apply to your vehicle and are enforceable.

If they are picking you and not citing all of the other people who are in violation you could open a pandoras box on these people.

My cousin had an issue with his association. They were trying to force him to change his landscaping to what they wanted. His lawyer threatened to take them to court and they backed down real fast. Now the association will not mess with him.

I don't know about your state but down here you are not allowed to have classic car plates on a commercial vehicle. Personally I would also spend a few bucks on an attorney and have him do some research and slap this Pompous A** and his beloved HOA with a lawsuit. If he doesn't back down you'll at least make him spend a truck load of $$$ swimming up the S**t river that is our nations corrupt legal system. If your retired military go to the Legal Aid building on the closest post or base. They'll do the paperwork for free.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I've had my run ins with the HOA commandos. Not only will I not live in one, I won't live anywhere that's not at least partially zoned agricultural. With that said, you need to review the by-laws agreed to when you moved in. They can explain definitions related to the by-laws and many refer to commercial vehicles as described herein. In other words for the purpose of the by-laws, their definition is the binding one. Example, if you sign the by-law agreement and it stipulates that any 3 axle vehicle is an ice cream truck, you would be fighting with them about an ice cream truck, not a commercial vehicle. In summary if they have worded the by-laws correctly,, you may be swimming against a stiff current.

ryan77

I have free legal service so i could mess with them! As far as the city they dont care, If they cared i would have gotten a citation already! Worse comes to worse i will rent a spot which i was going to do for the winter. I will keep everyone posted.

Flyingvan911

You don't fit their idea of the perfect neighbor. You must pack up your modestly successful life and move to the other side of the tracks. rofl

I agree. I will never live in a HOA.

Try Public Storage. I have a space for $42/month.

KsM715

I said i would never live in a HOA neighborhood also but the problem is almost every neighborhood in this area has a HOA! The ones that dont are full of lets just say undesirable people. Once the economy clears up im either buying 5-10 acres here or heading to Arizona well see. For now i will call this property manager baffon tomorrow and probably ruin my day!!!

hmmm? Ever wonder why people with "million dollar homes" live in HOA enforced neighborhoods?

For the OP. If you try to fight this, I would make them define "other similar vehicles". Thats a pretty broad statement. After they define that, then go around the neighbor hood and find more violators.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Go talk to Mr Asshat and try the compromise approach.

Tell him:

You are a decorated combat veteran that uses the truck to honor other veterans.

It is not a commercial vehicle and is not used as such.

You are a resonable person and are sure he is too.

Ask for an Exception to Policy and assure him that there will be only one truck at a time.

If he persists in his vendetta against your vehicle you will get the media involved, drag him and the HOA out into the court of public opinion and gut them like a fish.

My guess it that he will try to take the path of least resistance......if not then tell him you are going to retain a lawyer and drag the issue out until either you or the HOA runs out of money.

Since you say you have free legal services he may decide that it's a fight he don't want to engage in.

That's all I got.

ryan77

You don't fit their idea of the perfect neighbor. You must pack up your modestly successful life and move to the other side of the tracks. rofl

I agree. I will never live in a HOA.

Try Public Storage. I have a space for $42/month.

When i got into plumbing after i got out of the Air Force a old timer told me " When your a Plumber everyone wants to be your friend when they need something" That quote is 100% true!!!

I dont think anyone called on the truck i think the property manage did a drive by!!

6x6guy

Sorry to hear about your problems, give me a call, I can provide temporary storage not to far from your location at my shop john.

ryan77

I drove that truck home from Wreckernmans house in Alabama!! He sat in that truck!! That truck is a national treasure now and im not letting some Yankee HOA take it away from me.

quickfarms

When i got into plumbing after i got out of the Air Force a old timer told me " When your a Plumber everyone wants to be your friend when they need something" That quote is 100% true!!!

I dont think anyone called on the truck i think the property manage did a drive by!!
If this is the case, usually the property manager is hired by the hoa board to manage the property. If this is the case you can try talking to the board members and if they are in your side they could grant an exemption that would clip the property managers wings.

panshark

based on your letter and your picture, you are in the wrong. Move your truck over 6 inches so that it's all the way on the driveway. Advise the neighborhood Kapo that your pickup truck is now properly parked on your driveway. Also, ask him to verify the wording of the bylaw. Other THAN...Other THAN...Other THAN... If that doesn't work, advise said Kapo that your truck is not a similar vehicle. Pick one of many reasons why your truck is superior to those used in commerce. Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks