• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HET M1070 Barely Moves, No Guts

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the primary filter/separator with OEM today. A few dozen cycles with the hand pump and she started right up.
Went for a test drive and no change in performance.
During the drive, I shifted the transfer case to High, Low and Neutral and the truck continued to drive as it has been. Being that it drove while in Neutral has aroused my suspicions. My next course of acton is to attempt shift at the transfer case. I found what I believe is the shift cable on the t-case. Once I have another hand, I'll have them cycle the shifter while I watch and see what happens.
Any hub heat? I had a brake drag on the deuce and it felt under powered. Driving around in neutral is interesting. It's easy to get the deuce in the air to set brakes and free spin the wheels but getting the 1070 in the air deserves photos. Hope it works out so we can see that truck in the palm trees.

abfisher1798

I observed the shifter cable at the transfer case while someone was cycle the hand lever and it was obvious that the cable was not shifting the transfer case. The cable looks brand new, maybe just needs adjustment. I ended up disconnecting the cable from the transfer case and engaged high gear by hand. A test drive showed an improvement, but not much. She definitely has more pep in her step, but with the pedal to the floor I was only able to reach 31mph.
I do another test drive and check for heat the hubs. Thinking about replacing the fuel pump as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks