• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High water/Fire Department M925A2

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the fording kit also included stuff to pressurize the bell housing and other things. I don't have one on any current trucks so I can't check, but that is my recollection from my old M817 with a fording kit.

quickfarms

When you swim one of these trucks you have to check every thing after you are done to see if there was any water intrusion.

I know if one of the fire departments on the jersey shore has found out this the hard way after sandy

I have done stream crossings without an issue.

The fording kit also address the fuel tank vent and cap,

LCFD

Yeah we would immediately send it out to our mechanic to get it checked and serviced.

Is there anything we should have replaced? I know the military is good at keeping their equipment services but as we all know sometimes we have a budget and need to keep things low priced. I'm looking to make it so we won't have any issues with this vehicle

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Do you have any maintenance records. Look at the filters see if there is a date written on them sometimes they do that when they do the pm. Getting the oil changed is never a bad idea. I am planning on changing over to synthetic I think it's better especially with the turbo. Does the ctis system work?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Why would you want to remove it. It can help you in rough terrain. You can bypass it by putting standard scrader valves into the wheel stems where the valve hose connects to.

LCFD

The sergeant that was showing us the truck had nothing but bad thing to say about it. He said "someone sold the army a load of crap". Lol.

all the tired on the truck were flat from the system, he said it was a common occurrence with the CTIS

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have several of these trucks all of my ctis systems work. It lowers the tire pressure giving you a larger tire contact patch on the ground. It is a proven system in many vehicles and the current military vehicles have these systems. It is a pretty simple system if you understand it's operation. I believe it got a bad rap early on by military techs and operators who didn't understand how to properly use it and its limitations.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
How long was it sitting for the tires to go flat? Since you filled them with air obviously have they gone flat again? Does the system appear to work after time the hwy light should go solid. You will hear an air release sound every time the system takes a tire pressure reading. Hwy setting should give you around 65psi.

caliber1

Another thing would be to find out how long those tires sat flat, as that could do damage to the tires. Might think about replacing the two fronts. Just to be on the safe side.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
When you go to get it see what spare parts you can get from them. If there are trucks headed to drmo to be auctioned see if they will let you raid the toolboxes and take an extra spare tire or two. See if they have the maintenance filters and seals sitting around.

Burney

If you are going to remove the CTIS. Would you be interested in selling it?
I would like to try to get mine in working condition. My controls
values in the floor of the truck I purchased was missing. Let me
know.. thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks