• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

History of the Bobbed Deuce

Capt.Marion

How about the first person on this board to have bobbed one? Should just take someone with the patience to hop back 10 pages of posts or so to figure it out...

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
if something is bobbed it is shortened. a woman who wears her hair in a bob has short hair and a bobcat is a wild cat with a short tail etc...

rmgill

Sorry for my ignorance but why the word "Bobbed". What is the origin of Bobbed?
For a more general example, try your local hairdresser. :roll:

It's a term for cut shorter or an example of something that is short.

bob (bŏb)
n.
A small, knoblike pendent object, such as a plumb bob.
A fishing float or cork.
A small lock or curl of hair.
A woman's or child's short haircut.
Informal. Surgical shortening or reshaping of the nose.
The docked tail of a horse.
A bobsled.
A bob skate.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I lost my forum rank during the last upgrade... If I still had it I would officially declare that such trucks would from this point forward only be referred to as "truncated" to protect the self esteem of all vertically challenged men named Robert.

SasquatchSanta

The term "bobbed" has been used in the trucking industry for years. A semi tractor running without a trailer is said to be "bob" tailing. Short trucks have been called bob trucks for as long as I can remember and I can remember back to when Pike's Peak wasn't nothing but a hole in the ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks