• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

History of the Bobbed Deuce

russ81

I remember that e-Bay truck..........I was looking at buying an M-37, but fell in love with the bobbed M-35.

We fell in love with the same S.L.U.T. (Short Length Utility Truck)

Rattlewagon

I remember that e-Bay truck..........I was looking at buying an M-37, but fell in love with the bobbed M-35.

We fell in love with the same S.L.U.T. (Short Length Utility Truck)
that is the exact situation i found myself in! still want a '37 but a deuce is in my future!

i saw my first short-tailed deuce about 3 years ago. been trying to get one ever since! (well part time anyway)

Mark2X2

Hec, I just thought it was a refrance to Lorain Bobbit!
Mark

For a more general example, try your local hairdresser. :roll:

It's a term for cut shorter or an example of something that is short.

bob (bŏb)
n.
A small, knoblike pendent object, such as a plumb bob.
A fishing float or cork.
A small lock or curl of hair.
A woman's or child's short haircut.
Informal. Surgical shortening or reshaping of the nose.
The docked tail of a horse.
A bobsled.
A bob skate.

jatonka

I built the first M35 4x4 conversion that was put on the internet. year 2002. However, my son Jake and I got the whole idea from John Winslow in the beginning of 2002 on a trip to his place. The rest of the story....... Jim Henry says he did them before John Winslow got the idea from him. For a fact, the XM381 was built and tested by the military in 1952. The XM381-E1 was again built and tested in 1964. I have done 3 of them to date, I still own the original JATonka truck, the second went to a friend in Syracuse, NY who later sold it:twisted:, and the 3rd one is owned by our own" Sasquatch Santa" Ernie Mitchell in Orr, MN. I have another we are working on now and will have a different power train when done. JT out