• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm..do you like low flying aircraft?....then here ya go!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

Guyfang

Staff member
This is Opposite of low flying but thought I would just stick it in here.........
So while I been asleep for 20 years this happened.

Crewed automatic and manual 99 flights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_spaceflights_to_the_International_Space_Station

Uncrewed automatic 132 flights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncrewed_spaceflights_to_the_International_Space_Station
If you look at both lists, the trend now days is about every 3-4 flight, is a Falcon 9, Space X flight. I am a rabid fan of Space X. Watch EVERY launch, live.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only saw the Blue Angles twice. 1967? at maybe El Toro, Calif, and then 1971? at Hill AFB, Utah. What a great show. I think a few years later the Thunderbird's had an accident at Hill. 1980?
Guy, I saw them at NAS Miramar in San Diego a few years back, it was on a Sat. & Sun.. Fat Albert was the star, did an afternoon and evening JATO show.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TEXAS HELO ACTION.....

Military traffic over San Angelo is not at all uncommon. Just the other day I could hear multiple rotor-craft in the area. Finally got a bearing on 4 helos flying NW to East over our LZ.

They are pretty small in this pic, but you can spot 'em if you zoom in.

IMG_6354.PNG

And more recently, a friend shared this gem on Facebook overflying Menard County, Texas....

IMG_6553.PNG

Gotta LUV 'em!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just (2) short of a six-pack:

- NICE pics, ColdWarrior!!

I miss you, Man!
I think that once all this COVID confusion comes to an end I just might need another trip to the east coast.
Our son and his family have recently relocated to Maine, a sister in NJ, cousin in SC, and furthest south is my other sister in FL. You and several other SS family members are all along that strip where the US is washed by the Atlantic Ocean. Combined with my retirement status, I don't really have any excuse to not take an extended road trip, huh?

Maybe I can get slung under a Chinook at least part of the way.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that once all this COVID confusion comes to an end I just might need another trip to the east coast.
Our son and his family have recently relocated to Maine, a sister in NJ, cousin in SC, and furthest south is my other sister in FL. You and several other SS family members are all along that strip where the US is washed by the Atlantic Ocean. Combined with my retirement status, I don't really have any excuse to not take an extended road trip, huh?

Maybe I can get slung under a Chinook at least part of the way.
Chaplain, if you and the Wife get out this way look us up. We have an extra bed room, and a place at the table.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chaplain, if you and the Wife get out this way look us up. We have an extra bed room, and a place at the table.
Much appreciated, brother!
No plans penciled onto the calendar yet. But I will keep y'all in mind too.
I can see that when the time comes to "fly low" over the east coast we'll be posting a mission thread in advance.
Are y'all still in NV? That is another direction we're considering. Could do a loop to include NM, AZ, NV, CA, OR, WA, ID, MT and back through CO. We have "targets" in all those states as well.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When I was in south Korea, This CH47 was flying to low with a sling load. the load hit a mountain side and pull the 47 from the sky, No one was killed
Happy to hear that everybody made it out alive!

It has been said that it isn't the fall that is the problem - rather the sudden stop at the end of the fall that causes the "hurt".

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Much appreciated, brother!
No plans penciled onto the calendar yet. But I will keep y'all in mind too.
I can see that when the time comes to "fly low" over the east coast we'll be posting a mission thread in advance.
Are y'all still in NV? That is another direction we're considering. Could do a loop to include NM, AZ, NV, CA, OR, WA, ID, MT and back through CO. We have "targets" in all those states as well.
Chaplain, were still here in North West Nevada, just South of Carson City and Lake Tahoe. We'll take You and the Wife up to Virginia City, home of the Comstock Lode Gold Strike, and the TV series Bonanza.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I was in south Korea, This CH47 was flying to low with a sling load. the load hit a mountain side and pull the 47 from the sky, No one was killed
"Negative airspace beneath aircraft (in this case the load)" is a common factor in every aviation crash.

I'm also glad that all survived to talk about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks