• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV ambulance body dimensions

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a Humvee shelter carrier 5th-wheel trailer, and I am trying to figure out if a 4-litter ambulance body will fit on it.
I haven't found one locally to measure, and I have searched both SS and the net without finding the information, so...

Anyone have one they would be willing to take some measurements of?
I just need the 5 listed on the drawing in red.

Thanks, and cheers

Edit-
Here are measurements taken from an in-service ambulance. Thanks Mkcoen and his buddy Omar for getting these, and even a couple of extras.

1- 71"
2- 31"
3- 40.25"
4- 32"
5- 46.5"

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have access to Camp Mabry, and already looked there without finding one. :-|

And I've never been asked to pay someone for such information on this site, nor have I ever asked anyone to pay me for information I have provided, regardless of the effort involved in acquiring it. If this information is only available for a fee, I don't want it! Not because I am unwilling to pay a reasonable fee for services rendered, but because of the principle involved.
But that's just my personal opinion, which is worth exactly 2cents

Cheers

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I passed this info along to a friend that is on Camp Bullis often and may be able to get the measurements.

Action

someone on here earlier this month stated they had the tall version of this for 4 stretchers. Someone else asked him to measure it, but I never saw a reply with those.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, I'll take any measurements you can get off it. I'm most interested in 2, 3 and 5 on the diagram, those are the ones that will tell me if it will fit the trailer.

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I have received some dimensions, and worked out some from other information, measuring the trailer, and some SWAG'ing. I have added those to post 1, and attached an amended diagram below.

If anyone can confirm or correct any of those, and/or provide the others, it would be greatly appreciated. [thumbzup]
A big thank you to Mkcoen for reaching out to someone who provided several of the measurements, and enough to extrapolate the rest. :naner:

So, if it's all correct, it looks like the body will fit on the trailer, and clear all of the generator related equipment already on it, with no issues.

Cheers

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Until I find a suitable ambulance body, this is going on the trailer.
An S-788, that I'm told was a drone control unit. All the really good gear is gone from inside, some control panels and empty racks are all that's left. :(
The front bustle holds two air conditioner units. (A9KH-115P)

Cheers

Attachments

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture of the trailer? I have only seen a handful. There was a few brand new ones at Tobyhanna in 2012 and I have only seen 1 in private hands and it was a different trailer.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is an unusual one, to be sure. There are no data plates, nor any sign it ever had any.
It does have a cage code stamped on a lot of the parts, which comes back to Laguna Industries out of NM. They were apparently doing good building trailers and shelters in the early-mid 2000's, but then started having problems meeting delivery schedules and the company went tango uniform, so no help with information from there.

I was told that the trailer would have a title when I bought it, but when I picked it up, the seller couldn't recall that conversation and said he had no paperwork but a bill of sale...... :?
I don't want to get any further into that, but mentioned it because it contributes to the lack of knowledge on trailer ancestry.

The second picture with the trailer hooked to a 931 came out of my "odd MV" file, I do not recall where or when I found the picture on the internet, unfortunately. Nor have I been able to find it again.
I have carefully matched up all the scrapes and blemishes, it is definitely the one I have now.

Cheers

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks