• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV ambulance body dimensions

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seem to recall a batch of 6 those 5th wheel trailers sold in Ca last year that had gen set and A/c units on them similar to the drash units all tan.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The second photo was when John Arpel (Not the exact spelling) owned it. He has the Avatar of a M931 towing a bulldozer and he sells a lot of trucks on this site. He had that about 2 years ago. The photo was from his for sale thread.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a reply. He confirmed that it is the trailer they once had. They got it from another individual with no paperwork and no other information, so the trailer remains a mysterious item.

My thanks to John for his speedy response.

Cheers

Last edited:

papakb

Gov Planet has been selling the M116A3 flat trailers out of Barstow for the last year in brand new condition. About as nice a green paint job as you'll ever see and I remember seeing a picture somewhere of a guy who mounted an ambulance body on one of them rather nicely. The only thing that looks out of place is the "balcony" out the front side. In that respect your shelter or an S250 would be another great option. It's too bad your not on the west coast, I have 3 of the AC units for the HMMWV shelter I'd like to get rid of.

Kurt

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing that looks out of place is the "balcony" out the front side. In that respect your shelter or an S250 would be another great option. It's too bad your not on the west coast, I have 3 of the AC units for the HMMWV shelter I'd like to get rid of. Kurt
That's why I thought the ambulance might look good on this trailer, the overhang would reach over the generator box on the front. The gap could be filled to make it look visually pleasing.
The previous owner had an S-250 on my trailer for a bit, but it looked kinda odd, definitely small and not a good fit.
I had thought of sticking one of my S-250s on for the short term, but got that S-788 for scrap value. It can stay on there forever and look "right", though I would probably still put an ambulance body on if the right one jumped in my lap.
It would be nice to have your A/C units, but it would be cost prohibitive to get them here. :(

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big thanks to Mkcoen and his buddy Omar, who took the time to measure an in-service ambulance on a local military base, and get the information to me. You fellers are great! [thumbzup]:clinto:

The diagram on post 1 has been updated with the information.

Now, I'll try to figure out how to get a Mod to change the title by taking "Info request- " out of it, so the information will remain available to others in the future.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks