• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv ambulance body

AAVP7

Hi Tony,

I own an M997 ambulance, and will gladly see if I can find pics for you (although my ambulance is just undergoing a full body-off restoration).

However, I don´t really understand which area you´re talking about. By "screen" do you mean the windscreen ? Are you talking about the little triangles that close the windscreen frame to the ambulance body at the sides ?

Maybe a picture of your situation would help.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that the problem is the original poster is in the United Kingdom, and terms in the UK and terms in the United States differ somewhere.

I would hope that the original poster could refer to things as the “windshield” and not the “windscreen” and the “trunk” and not the “boot” and the trunk lid and not the “ bonnet”, etc.

That might help those of us in the United States with limited vernacular and an impediment when it comes to speaking the Queens English.

Hi Tony,

I own an M997 ambulance, and will gladly see if I can find pics for you (although my ambulance is just undergoing a full body-off restoration).

However, I don´t really understand which area you´re talking about. By "screen" do you mean the windscreen ? Are you talking about the little triangles that close the windscreen frame to the ambulance body at the sides ?

Hi Tony,

Yep sorry should have put windscreen or windshield pictures have been added below!

AAVP7

I see. As I suspected, you need these corner parts:

Finding those parts for sale is possible, but they only rarely show up for a decent price. I don´t think there is an NSN in the manuals for these.

The parts are actually pretty easy to replicate, however. I can take measurements tomorrow.

papakb

996 corner bracket.jpg

I originally bought mine from George Hilton over at Surplus Enterprises. I went back and pulled the receipt but all it says is Bracket, L.H. and Bracket, R.H. so there may not be a real NSN assigned to them.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can make temporary panels like that with a snips and a roll of roof flashing. Might take an hour for two.

That would be fantastic if you could!
thanks alot
tony

Finding those parts for sale is possible, but they only rarely show up for a decent price. I don´t think there is an NSN in the manuals for these.

The parts are actually pretty easy to replicate, however. I can take measurements tomorrow.

papakb

I'd suggest tracing them and then mailing the drawings. PDFs have a bad habit of changing sizes when they get scanned.

If you're taking pictures or measuring could i get a picture of how the seat belt mounts to to top inside if its not too much trouble! there is nothing inside this one to mount them to up top!
Thanks again Tony

AAVP7

I traced one of the parts, and put a scale on the drawing, so you can check the size. Try to use a programm for printing that allows the option to print the pdf without any size adjustment.

The part is made from 1.25 mm aluminium, or 1/20" aluminum, whatever you prefer..... :)

The other side is just mirrored.

Attachments

papakb

As far as I know the only M996s were done back in '86 and they were only doing lapbelts back then. I added the 3 point belts and then had to change them because the original belts wouldn't fit one of my friends. There are at least 3 different lengtth 3 point belts, the longest of which is 110".

Cheers

Action

As far as I know the only M996s were done back in '86 and they were only doing lapbelts back then. I added the 3 point belts and then had to change them because the original belts wouldn't fit one of my friends. There are at least 3 different lengtth 3 point belts, the longest of which is 110".

Cheers
as well as at least 2 length female ends.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks