• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Arrived

dk8019

It's in good shape, it hasn't turned at all, so I believe it is one of those to leave in place. I may fool with it a small amount and see if I can get a grab of it and turn it. The other 7 turned out just fine, so maybe I'll get lucky. I suppose running with seven isn't too bad in the end.

dk8019

Well, I replaced the other seven with new ones and she fires right off. I probably won't mess with the eighth for now, although I would like to remove it one day. Does it hurt anything having one non-functional glow plug? These indirect ignition diesels are a little new to me. Does that cylinder fire still without the glow plug in place once it's up and running?

Action

diesel explodes from compression, not spark. The glow plugs are only used to get the engine started. It runs on all eight cylinders after being started.
Get the proper tool to remove it and do it correct.
And, I can't comment on any long term effects of only starting with 7 plugs.

KsM715

All the glow plug does is pre heat that cylinder so it's easier for the diesel to combust on a cold motor. Once it's running the glow pugs are shut off. They don't do anything. If it's holding compression and starts on seven leave it unplugged and leave it till the time comes when you have to remove that head for something else, get it replaced then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks