• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV directional tires right?

KansasBobcat

Just wanted to add that both of my HMMWVs have the chevrons pointed forward and work fine. I did not flip them that is way they were on M1101/M1102 trailers that I bought. Just decided to do it and it does look better. Who cares, right?

saddamsnightmare

June 13th, 2015.

And while you are theorizing in the tires being mounted one way or the other, remember early in WWII the White scout cars used basically ag pattern chevron tires. If they were mounted directionally, as they are on tractor rear wheels, they only pull well in forward motion, and can really stick you in mud in reverse. I suspect the different mounting placements on the HMMWV may be similar, as there is a distinct pattern to the V's in these tires.....:confused:

gaducker

You can just flip the tire over without removing the runflat however the valve stem will be pushed up against the inside of the runflat and you will not be able to get the air out very quickly. I used a grinder to remove enough rubber to let air out, They balanced out like that so I have been running them on the street for almost 2 years like that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks