• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Enhanced Inspection in Pennsylvania

rcb

Greetings... Anyone have their HMMWV run through and pass the Enhanced Vehicle Safelty Inspection in PA. ?
I'm curious what exactly they expect for a " front bumper area to have a horizontal bar installed to cap off angle
iron that protrudes between tow hooks " ? I don't want to install a full blown front bumper, so not sure what others
have done to satisfy this requirement.
Thanks...
Bob

Carrera911

The front end of these trucks are identical to the H1 except for perhaps the brush guard. They couldn't fail a factory H1. If it doesn't pass you could temporarily rig something. Like when you build a house you put up the plywood over the railing on your steps that exceeds the 3 inch gap limit. Or putting the cats back on your hot rod to pass emissions. Same kinda deal :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NormB

I actually saw a HMMWV here in Maryland a year or so ago that had a piece of 2x10 bolted to the front end for a bumper.

Didn't see the rear, but I imagine it had the same or an airlift bumper.

Probably from PA, no need for those here.

Yet.:!:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks