• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV injection pump.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took the top cover off my ip and turned crank and see that shaft is moving. Anything I can use to clean this out? Diesel? 20220210_164312.jpeg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Biodiesel is a good solvent. I wouldn't soak it too long though in case the seals don't like it.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Biodiesel is a good solvent. I wouldn't soak it too long though in case the seals don't like it.
Is that supposed to be filled with diesel? I was going to use diesel kleen. The throttle shafts keep getting stuck. I didn't know what I could use to lube it up. I'm use to gas motors. This is a first for me with injection pumps.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well one thing to consider, anything you knock loose is going through the pump to the injectors unless you get it out, I can't tell from the picture is if that is rust, if it is it is pump replacement time

Last edited:

Superhonk

Following … went to yermo today to get a look at my hmmwv while still in euc limbo. Hooked slave cables to it and it cranked and cranked but wouldn’t turn over, fuel was getting up to the engine. One of the guys there said or might be something like what is happening with yours. I know next to nothing about working on Diesel engines, but have some help from friends. Just want to figure out what I needed to check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Following … went to yermo today to get a look at my hmmwv while still in euc limbo. Hooked slave cables to it and it cranked and cranked but wouldn’t turn over, fuel was getting up to the engine. One of the guys there said or might be something like what is happening with yours. I know next to nothing about working on Diesel engines, but have some help from friends. Just want to figure out what I needed to check

Fuel filter. Mine was completely clogged, nothing was getting through it. If not that then injection pump is bad. I haven't tried starting yet, I will tonight after putting filter in. If not, I have NOS pump thats sitting in a box. Its just hard working on top of the engine, be prepared to do some contorting.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also had to R&R an IP for rebuild. I’ts worth the effort

I lost #5 and #7 fuel injector lines. Completely fused to the ip . Even after removing couldn't get them apart. Lets see how fast AMGeneral can get me replacements!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I lost #5 and #7 fuel injector lines. Completely fused to the ip . Even after removing couldn't get them apart. Lets see how fast AMGeneral can get me replacements!
Lines are easy. Complete set or singles. Might want to block off those open intake ports. Bird making a nest or a squirrel dropping a nut in there? That would be my luck LOL

Let your fingers do the searching, CAMO

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh that pic was before I stuffed paper towels in each port. Trust me I vacuumed and used my compressor to blow any dirt by intake ports before removing.

It's weird that the upper and lower lines on ip were froze so bad. The others I could almost do by finger after initially loosening.

rcamacho

Good opportunity to gasket match the intake manifold if you’re so inclined. I found the heads were spot on but the manifold could be opened up quite a bit.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good opportunity to gasket match the intake manifold if you’re so inclined. I found the heads were spot on but the manifold could be opened up quite a bit.

Did your old gasket come right off? Part of mine stuck to heads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks