• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV injector pump bad or??

Sundowner9000

I found several places on the internet who will rebuild them, which is the cheaper way to go. Just make sure they're reputable and don't just slap new parts and done. I've chosen to buy a full rebuilt one from eastern and then have mine rebuilt as a back up when I can afford it since it seems pretty hard to find the specific pump that mine has

Sundowner9000

From the manual fuel pump to the fuel filter? No, it should be shooting out of that line extremely fast. If it put that line in a water bottle and crank, it would fill it up in 5 to 8 seconds probably. Sounds like you might have gotten lucky duramax and maybe just have a cracked fuel line sucking air or that lift pump which is reasonably cheap. I'd check from there back to tank before you swap IP

I put the supply line in a 16oz bottle it filled it a quarter way pretty quick but there was lots of air bubbles. I have the injection pump off now hopefully I'll have it together in the next few days waiting on the new injection pump.

So today I got my 6.5 injection pump non military pump. Only difference I can tell is the top cover I'll swap that out to the military 24 volt coils, and on the end of the pump there is a plunger with a spring on the military pump the the plunger can go into the pump further. Anyone know what this plunger is for it goes into the engine?

Sundowner9000

Ok, so round two with this mess. I had a new IP put in and was running fine. Would start it every weekend and then skipped a weekend and it started acting like fuel was bleeding off. Last few weekends it's been getting harder and harder to start. Now it won't start period. Put a brand new mechanical lift pump on thinking maybe, no change. Replaced a couple fuel lines that may have been an issue, no change. Getting fuel to filter, fuel to IP, fuel coming out of return line on top of IP, but crack open about 5 of the injector lines and nothing coming out when I crank. I know it's not impossible but, having a hard time believing new IP went bad. Literally have only ran it maybe 3 hours total in the yard since new IP pump install. I know getting air in the lines is back to get out but it should've worked out after all this cranking. Losing my patience badly

Sundowner9000

Tried getting it to fire with WD40 and no luck either which throws me off too. Stuck a hair dryer in the intake to try to warm it up thinking maybe even that the glow plugs could be bad even though I changed them the same time as IP. Pulled off 7 of the injector lines this time and cranked for a while and only hot a couple drips out of a couple of them. Funny thing is as soon as I cranked the first time with them off it just slightly fired but figured maybe there was still some WD in the intake. I'm at a loss. Could there still be air some magical way? I just seriously am having a hard time believing it toasted the new IP already. It does have some bio diesel in the tank from the military and I put 5 gallons of fresh in it but that still doesn't explain why I can't get more fuel out of the injector lines unless I need to keep cranking until I burn the starter up. Any advise is welcoming.

Action

if you have the hard lines loose at the injectors, why not take the other ends off to make sure the hard lines are not plugged up?

Sundowner9000

The other ends are under the intake. I could get a few off possibly but not all without taking it all apart. But this is the second time it's done this. It has always ran just fine once it's running.

Action

The other ends are under the intake. I could get a few off possibly but not all without taking it all apart. But this is the second time it's done this. It has always ran just fine once it's running.
Ah, you stated that nothing came out of the lines when pulled from injectors. It must be, if it runs. Tighten all lines at injectors except ONE of the easy to reach rear ones. Put a waded up paper towel under it and crank. Maybe you just have some air that needs to finish bleeding? It could be several things.

Sundowner9000

No I haven't. I pulled it off and cranked it to see if fuel was coming out of it in case the solenoid might have been bad but no on the clear line. I remember you ended up having cracked line or something on yours?

Sundowner9000

I broke my meter this weekend gotta get a new one. The light is coming on and going off about 8 to 10 seconds in but I know that's not always accurate that they're working. It's just that it's doing everything the same as before and I am now just badly wondering if the IP was actually bad before or not and maybe the shop just got the air out of the system that I wasn't when they changed it or if it dumped. Forgive the stupid question but if I'm getting fuel to IP fine and I put the clear hose on and I am sucking air, would it be sucking it through the return lines somewhere I assume?

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neighbor had the same problem. Immersed the entire thing in a sonic jewelry cleaner with carb cleaner and reinstalled....something had mutzed it up. I swear by these little cleaners now....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks