• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV photos of wiring harness for the temp sensor and speed sensor

tbeson

Help, again! I have looked locally at older model 1992 HMMWV with no luck being able to figure out where the wires come from to connect the speed sensor or temp sending unit, as they do not have or are missing the same things I am missing.
I have a 1998 M1123 HMMWV missing the connection from the speed sensor and no wires to the temp sending unit.
I have been looking over the forum for any photos of the wiring harness on the Capt.'s side (VGG) drivers side upper wiring harness that supplies the 4 glow plugs and returns to the transmission. I have two final wiring connections I can't seen to figure out from the TM. I'm a picture kind of guy, so any photos of this area would be greatly appreciated. I am making the assumption the temp sensor and speed sensor should be somewhere in that bundle. Thanks in advance as you guys have been able to figure out these before the sun goes down.20210503_132959.jpg

Action

What are the exact locations of your "temp sensor" and "speed sensor".
There are at least 3 different temp related sensors; fan. guage, glowplugs, cold advance...

Last edited:

Action

One of the parts books, TM 9-2320-280-24p-1 has several diagrams of the harnesses and shows what each branch goes where, and what things are grouped together...

1620230151924.png

tbeson

What are the exact locations of your "temp sensor" and "speed sensor".
There are at least 3 different temp related sensors; fan. guage, glowplugs...
I'm guessing the temp gauge sending unit (under the #1 glow plug in the picture) and speed sending (photo) are with glow plugs, but there doesn't seem to be enough room in the bundle to fit the temp and speed. Im trying to avoid cutting into the bundles to find them,

Action

The UOC for m1123 is NNN. The TM shows 2 engine wire harnesses. The harness with the temp sender wire in the glow plug branch is not listed for NNN.

The temp sender wire is 33a.
Engine speed sensor is 349b and 359f.

In your harness, the temp sender wire and the RPM sensor wires are banded together. They have their own branch from the glow plug branch on that side. Find the glow plug wires and follow them until the loom starts (or ends). The branch for the senders should be close by. Maybe they were cut off? There is one plug with 2 wires for the RPM sender.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CPS and Temp sender wires are integrated into the A2 engine harness....make sure someone didn’t cut that branch off or installed an engine harness from an A0/A1 truck. The A2 harness will also have the TPS connetc ion as well up at the passenger side of the injection pump.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Help, again! I have looked locally at older model 1992 HMMWV with no luck being able to figure out where the wires come from to connect the speed sensor or temp sending unit, as they do not have or are missing the same things I am missing.
I have a 1998 M1123 HMMWV missing the connection from the speed sensor and no wires to the temp sending unit.
I have been looking over the forum for any photos of the wiring harness on the Capt.'s side (VGG) drivers side upper wiring harness that supplies the 4 glow plugs and returns to the transmission. I have two final wiring connections I can't seen to figure out from the TM. I'm a picture kind of guy, so any photos of this area would be greatly appreciated. I am making the assumption the temp sensor and speed sensor should be somewhere in that bundle. Thanks in advance as you guys have been able to figure out these before the sun goes down.View attachment 833665
i also see your missing your rear 200amp gen support bracket...

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As Steve says,,,,Bracket / stiffener goes from bolt circled...on up to back of 200 amp.

Attachments

tbeson

CPS and Temp sender wires are integrated into the A2 engine harness....make sure someone didn’t cut that branch off or installed an engine harness from an A0/A1 truck. The A2 harness will also have the TPS connection as well up at the passenger side of the injection pump.
I think I have found the temp sending wire, could this be it? The only way to tell is to run a continuity test from the back of the temp gauge to the cut part?

Attachments

tbeson

Well after many hours of searching, and finally checking continuity on the one and only wire I can find that leads to nothing., (doesn't test out back to the back of the temp gauge). I ran my own wire from the temp sending unit to the gauge. Fixed that for now., Thankfully I have met someone on the forum that has the correct connections for the speed sending unit and they are going to sent to me., so I will make as he stated an " extension cord" from the dog house to the front of the engine, running the lines as best thru the harness. Hopefully will fix the torque converter lock up.
Thanks again for everyone's help., there is no way I could figure this out without your help!

Action

The wiring diagrams in the TM show you where every wire in the truck leads to, from point A to point B. even which hole of a big plug...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks