• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV prices are sure coming up

Ajax MD

DLA is crushing everything. This is drying up supply, driving prices higher. If that ever gets reversed, prices may ease.

On one hand, I'm pleased that my modest investment is gaining in value. On the other hand, I'm bummed out because the DLA issue combined with general inflation will make maintenance difficult and expensive. Plus, I'm not interested in seeing FMV's mutate into some sort of elite hobby for wealthy gearheads. I enjoy the hobby more when people of all stripes can own and operate them.

We'd better hope that the military keeps churning new HMMWV's out for a few more years so that they can eventually trickle into the surplus market. I don't see civilians ever getting their hands on functional JLTV's.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1165A1 REV B trucks are bringing a premium right now. I chuckle when folks go looking for one after that model soars in price and they say “I want that model truck now for what I didn’t buy it for in the early auctions because it was too expensive and not worth it”, now you can see that the price was actually a great price being that truck had x-doors ”5k” and an OEM hard top “$10-15k“ and now M1123’s are going for over $20k with soft top and soft doors.
This is the same thinking that says 10 series turret supports were to expensive at $1500, 2k, $2500….now $5k or more if you find one at all.

M1165A1

M1165A1 REV B trucks are bringing a premium right now. I chuckle when folks go looking for one after that model soars in price and they say “I want that model truck now for what I didn’t buy it for in the early auctions because it was too expensive and not worth it”, now you can see that the price was actually a great price being that truck had x-doors ”5k” and an OEM hard top “$10-15k“ and now M1123’s are going for over $20k with soft top and soft doors.
This is the same thinking that says 10 series turret supports were to expensive at $1500, 2k, $2500….now $5k or more if you find one at all.

You can't really pay too much, just buy too early.

Autonomy_Lost

Where are all the humvee auctions? Doesn't seem to be any on Gov Planet:

I see two that have been painted civilian colors, that's it.

tgejesse

Where are all the humvee auctions? Doesn't seem to be any on Gov Planet:

I see two that have been painted civilian colors, that's it.
Maybe this is the rug pull! No more supply?!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
might just be that they close for the holidays and do an inventory inspection and other stuff.

I checked, and right now there are only a total of 33 items listed on gov planet for the entire country.

So you can relax for now, it isn't just HMMWVs, it's everything shut down.

Autonomy_Lost

might just be that they close for the holidays and do an inventory inspection and other stuff.

I checked, and right now there are only a total of 33 items listed on gov planet for the entire country.

So you can relax for now, it isn't just HMMWVs, it's everything shut down.
Must be nice to be able to take a month long holiday.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Must be nice to be able to take a month long holiday.
I doubt the workers are actually on holiday.
they sent out a letter a couple weeks ago that they are doing an inventory assessment. Not sure what all that entails, but with as crappy as their inventory tracking has been in the past, it might take a while to actually verify what they do or don't have on site.

BananaRay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Email received on December 9th from Gov Planet;

Inventory Assessment & Holiday Schedule
Due to an upcoming inventory assessment, GovPlanet will be temporarily pausing all shipments, pick-ups and load outs of purchased items from ALL GovPlanet sites and warehouse locations. The brief pause will commence December 18, 2021 and end on January 12, 2022. GovPlanet will be pausing all Abandonments on December 15, 2021, resuming February 14, 2022.
In addition, GovPlanet will be pausing selected auctions during the holidays and inventory assessment. The final auctions of 2021 will take place on Tuesday, December 14th 2021 and Wednesday, December 15th 2021. All auctions will then resume regular scheduling starting January 11th 2022.
We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to continuing to serve you.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us:

Customer Service
Tel: +1-844-225-8799
Email: CustomerService@GovPlanet.com

M1165A1

The number of items listed at govplanet has been shrinking for many weeks, and the "inventory" email is suspicious. Maybe it's nothing but I feel like something could be afoot.

Reactions: 98G

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The number of items listed at govplanet has been shrinking for many weeks, and the "inventory" email is suspicious. Maybe it's nothing but I feel like something could be afoot.
Yermo yard is full of stuff that hasn’t been listed yet and complete trucks that haven’t been demilitarized. Probably the next few auctions will be a good time to buy

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is standard operating procedure. Gov't Liquidation did the same thing. Gov Planet has also done the same thing every year.

Nothing unusual. Think of all the crap they have to handle, year end taxes, govt reports etc...

No big deal.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is standard operating procedure. Gov't Liquidation did the same thing. Gov Planet has also done the same thing every year.

Nothing unusual. Think of all the crap they have to handle, year end taxes, govt reports etc...

No big deal.
I called to see if this pause was going to effect my title that I’m waiting for. I was told business as usual for the SF’s and titles. I was also told my title was back and I should get it in 2 weeks. I said why so long? They said they have 300 to fill out by hand. 5 minutes later I get email saying that my title has shipped and I should receive it tomorrow.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This leaves me shaking my head! I see nothing special about it other than a B-pillar and red dot a/c.
I’m wondering what the value of my m1123 with 560.0 miles on it is now? Lol probably more than it was 15 minutes ago.F1303436-06C6-447A-B533-0964CA9C23FC.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks