• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV screws for Tail Light Lens/Cover?

fnpurist

Does anyone know where to get the weird screws that hold the tail light and front lights to there housings? I bought new LED lights that didn't come with any screws and my old ones are toast and some are missing. I looked in the parts manual and there is no part number, it appears they only come with a lens. Thanks for the help

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The screws on the LED lighting I have is a self tap Phillips head. The standard issue rear tail lamps used in all M/series trucks is a funky one, it too is a self tap, but has a longer neck with no threads held in with a piece of bent wire to retain the screw when loose....

fnpurist

So you just used a regular self tapping that fit the hole? I thought the original screw was self tapping towards the head and then machine threaded at the bottom to thread into the metal housing inserts.

Also, I just installed a Grote front side marker led light and there is a U shaped hole at the top and bottom on the case where water will get in. Are these suppose to only go in plastic housings? I've attached a pic for reference.

Attachments

Robus1022

From many years of hardware experience... They are proprietary. Call trucklite and ask for replacement screws. I would imagine it is about $15.00 for qty 50. It is NOT a standardized thread pitch and is NOT self tapping.