• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV screws for Tail Light Lens/Cover?

fnpurist

Does anyone know where to get the weird screws that hold the tail light and front lights to there housings? I bought new LED lights that didn't come with any screws and my old ones are toast and some are missing. I looked in the parts manual and there is no part number, it appears they only come with a lens. Thanks for the help

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The screws on the LED lighting I have is a self tap Phillips head. The standard issue rear tail lamps used in all M/series trucks is a funky one, it too is a self tap, but has a longer neck with no threads held in with a piece of bent wire to retain the screw when loose....

fnpurist

So you just used a regular self tapping that fit the hole? I thought the original screw was self tapping towards the head and then machine threaded at the bottom to thread into the metal housing inserts.

Also, I just installed a Grote front side marker led light and there is a U shaped hole at the top and bottom on the case where water will get in. Are these suppose to only go in plastic housings? I've attached a pic for reference.

Attachments

Robus1022

From many years of hardware experience... They are proprietary. Call trucklite and ask for replacement screws. I would imagine it is about $15.00 for qty 50. It is NOT a standardized thread pitch and is NOT self tapping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks