• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv starting issues

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BRILLIANT ......my goto is tape or hot glue....did you invent this your self?
I seen a guy use a toilet paper cardboard but I only had full rolls and paper towel cardboard was too big. I guess I took someone else’s idea further. It worked really good and I had no worries about the bolts falling down the cover.

Creed

I was terrified of dropping the bolts down the cover. I cut beer can and stuck it in the hole and taped the seem so it was tight. I could use a magnet to fish bolt out without it grabbing anything else. RHW gave me a few great tips that saved me time and a better outcome. I have received so much help from good people here. I really liked how IP turned out. I think I will sell it if I ever have to change the starter… lol it looks scary.View attachment 885808
So here is what I did. I greased the bolt and theres a guy on youtube that used the inside cardboard of toilet paper role. I also placed a small rag at the bottom of the opening. The grease worked well Nd didn't have any problems with the bolts.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Just wanted to say thank you to Cam from Camotek. The car and his unit is working great. Just got on his website and he has his new remote box. I'm already thinking to upgrade. He is great to work with. Loves working with people like him. Thanks Cam.
Thank you for the nice words. Like you, our customers come first. Give me a call for that upgrade.

Thanks for your support, CAMO

Builder of the FIRST CAMOBOX and now Camoteksystems.com

phantom222

Just wanted to say the Camotek Start Box is a wise investment. I wasn't having any start issues even in cold, glow plugs were fine and it started, however the glow plug light would just flash 18 times. It would not give the indication the glow plugs were firing. Narrowed the problem down to a short caused by either the heavy rain it had just gone through or the cutoff switch shorting the box. If you have a cutoff switch I recommend you get this manual glow plug box it can not be shorted like the original smart start boxes which short on the circuit board.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks