• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's for sale, no longer maybe, it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

trukhead

Ok, I 'm puttin my order in: I want a HMMWV: with absolutely no armor, early model, lighter the better with roof, doors and decent running condition, Most of all I want it street titled so I can go to town and pickup supplies to slop the hogs and feed the chickens. Please release a big bunch of these so the price gets down to about $1,500 a piece!!:driver:

DatGuyC

Ok, I 'm puttin my order in: I want a HMMWV: with absolutely no armor, early model, lighter the better with roof, doors and decent running condition, Most of all I want it street titled so I can go to town and pickup supplies to slop the hogs and feed the chickens. Please release a big bunch of these so the price gets down to about $1,500 a piece!!:driver:
+1, don't need none of that armor junk. Good frame, ok body, prefer it to run but I can work on diesels, sub 5k would be great.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The slantback is a useless truck with the 6.2, and only marginally better with the 6.5, they leak, have no visibility and leak when raining. Turbo diesel will get it going mucho better...but still done expect miracles.
these trucks were NOT designed for speed...this is a weekly conversation I have with prospective buyers or those looking to go slantback....I alway try to steer them towards a Speacial forces GMV if they want a weapons platform.
but that's just me...that and having built and owned/own all them in that config.

rickf

Well, Now they know where to go looking.rofl I was always under the impression that if it was ballistic armor than it was a demill item but if it was just heavy steel plate cut to fit then it was ok. I am thinking that the old heavy steel plate stuff went out with the gun trucks of Vietnam. In other words, anything nowadays is a NO-NO. I wouldn't want it anyway on a Hummer, they can't get out of their own way without it!

TucsonVTXF

Let me guess I am late to the party and now no more will be sold!!! Bitch slap me for not checking into SS for the the last 4 months!!!! Please tell me they will still be sold!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

awolhmv

Let's just hope that slants, doors, and the 4 cheesy side plates are removed to make a running rolling HMMWV sellable. Would be stupid to not spend the short time to do that instead of scrapping
whole hmmwv

EO2NMCB

All ready see people tring to flip them on a auction site. Using the Govplanet pics, they are to lazy to take there own. Best part was it said " sold with a bill of sale, but easy to get a title" ya right.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I wish they'd stop posting more of these scrap vehicles that are just going to the Australian armored door guy and get to posting more LMTVs in TX.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's because he don't have it home yet.

3dAngus

I think at least two of them slipped through the cracks. Those darn inefficient DOD personell.
Now that two slipped through, we will probably see an avalance of 3970 more. It just never stops.
END THE MADNESS!!!:)

Blackmagic, there is a reported 4000 quantity FMS sale. I don't know if its true, cause I read it on the internet.
Your contact with the vendor and the recent discussion may have some truth to it, but I would take it with a grain of salt.
We just have to wait and see. I suspect that your contact may know what he is talking about, but you guys are talking of two different things, without realizing it. Let's just give it some time. Personally, I don't believe a word of it has to do with the civilian sales, which is another issue, contract, and sales option being made available to this new auctioneer.
One thing that did surprise me is, I was expecting at least 8 more HMMWVs come up for auction in the next auction and they are not there, so, its just a wait and see game. Good luck with your two HMMWV sales. Looks like you got a lot of visibility in them through this thread.
...from thread 288

We got our other 8 HMMWVs I predicted up today. Just a lucky guess. One does not have the iron clad guarantee, but, with that one included, looks like 9 additional HMMWVs on the auction block, plus the two original that were up early last week.

If you thought prices were high last week, just wait until this Califormia money gets thrown at it.
WaHooooo.......

Last edited:

3dAngus

Yes, I considered that, but now, they can preview at little or no cost, and transport cost are less, so more people will come in and bid. It should be interesting, but, it still will not fulfill the orders of the Pacific Coast retailers, so prices will remain high there for a while. I can't wait for a few sales to come in the Southeast, where prices are (sometimes) reasonable.
They have gone up for everybody with the new contractor bringing on all the contractors for heavy equipment and all, while there will always remain exceptions. I'm with you on California being close to Utah and getting CA. Money Mkcoen. Thanks.

infidel got me

Maybe it's a dumb question, but I wonder why they are not offering the ironclad guarantee with the one Humvee.

Mileage too high or the trans. leak? The truck seems to be intact.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's not get into details on upcoming items.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks