• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hollingsworth MEP-005a

ZRyals

Well folks, I appreciate all of the help that has been given to me to get the T’s crossed and I’s dotted on this set. I had plans to make this the house unit and I’m sure I will acquire more surplus equipment in the future, but that plan has changed shape a bit. We are following a race series on the east coast and will be in need of a small toy hauler style camper. I’ve wanted a MEP ever since I was a kid, but I enjoy racing too. What should an 005 in this condition bring if I were to sell it? Everything has been cleaned up aside from the A9. This is a tough one.

Ray70

What are the hours on your machine?
Price depends a lot on hours and condition of the whole package.... gen, hours, ASK ( rust or rot ? ) , trailer ( rust, brakes operational ?) , tires ( any dry rot or cracks ?) .... hard to tell from pictures, but typically I've gotten in the $5500 - $6000 for 005's on the trailer but without the ASK, but all were in the >400 hr. mark, fully tested and some with full new paint jobs on both gen and trailer and converted to single phase.
005's in my area aren't all that popular. Too big for most homes and most businesses want something new with auto start ( and a warranty )
So it's a somewhat limited market here.
But as they say, you will be able to get exactly what a buyer is willing to pay for it, just need to advertise it.

ZRyals

What are the hours on your machine?
Price depends a lot on hours and condition of the whole package.... gen, hours, ASK ( rust or rot ? ) , trailer ( rust, brakes operational ?) , tires ( any dry rot or cracks ?) .... hard to tell from pictures, but typically I've gotten in the $5500 - $6000 for 005's on the trailer but without the ASK, but all were in the >400 hr. mark, fully tested and some with full new paint jobs on both gen and trailer and converted to single phase.
005's in my area aren't all that popular. Too big for most homes and most businesses want something new with auto start ( and a warranty )
So it's a somewhat limited market here.
But as they say, you will be able to get exactly what a buyer is willing to pay for it, just need to advertise it.
thank you sir. It has 485 hours on it, tires are cracked but hold air, can’t confirm operation of the brakes as I do not have a means to test them. Would it be advisable to list on here?

Chainbreaker

thank you sir. It has 485 hours on it, tires are cracked but hold air, can’t confirm operation of the brakes as I do not have a means to test them. Would it be advisable to list on here?
If you want maximum exposure to increase the odds of a quicker sale, I would definitely list it here on SS, your local Craigslist and perhaps on eBay.