• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy Cow Batman.... GL HMMWVS

greenjeepster

Either way I can't read any of it. Ironically whoever it was meant for probably can't read it either. Kinda like the navigation system in my wife's Korean built car... even in english I can't understand the girl enough to find my way out of a paper sack... I just mute her and watch the map.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is pretty easy based on the examples given to tell the difference.

Arabic looks more like lowercase cursive writing. Hebrew looks more like block printing. Look at the switch and you can see it is in Arabic.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May as well be Swahili to me.

mahdey

I speak, read, and write Arabic fluently so that was the "wow" factor about these trucks as well. I need to take my DLAB so i get some more monehs!!!

TehTDK

Looks good that someone finally managed to get some Hummers. I would lie if i said i wasn't envious. Just hoping the Danish Army will let their Mowag Eagles go, but from what I heard sadly not since they will have to be returned to the swiss and disassembled.

metalman99

I was watching them all along... not that I could afford to buy one, but my initial thought was $60K on the sheltered one and $50K on the others.
Seemed pretty odd that they all hit 59K right around the same time, than 1 hit the reserve at 60K and the rest sat at 59 for a while. then one by 1 most went to 60 and 61 while a few lingered at 59??.. Also strange that the sheltered unit also had a reserve of 60K. The biggest problem I see is that all the instructional plaques are in Hebrew, so no one will ever be able to adjust the seats or use the lights... without buying Rosetta Stone first..rofl
Not so odd, someone tested the waters to find the $60k reserve on one and once they found the reserve, they bid the rest up to $59k to separate the bidders from the buyers.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There was an email address for the gl rep in the listing I had emailed him early on he said the first 60k would take each. They were accepting pre sale offers of the 60k reserve you didn't have to wait for the auction.

mahdey

There was an email address for the gl rep in the listing I had emailed him early on he said the first 60k would take each. They were accepting pre sale offers of the 60k reserve you didn't have to wait for the auction.
Tried to do that but the BAE rep wouldn't anymore. They went ahead and told me and everyone else the reserve. I honsestly think they were hoping for more. That 16% buyers premium though was bull ****.

icecreamman

I'm sorry, If I was Uncle Sam, I'd chip every one. Have you seen the video of the Ford Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel mounted with a possibly Mah Deuce sporting a plumbing company from Texas's logo on the door?

greenjeepster

I'm sorry, If I was Uncle Sam, I'd chip every one.
In a few decades when they are rarer than hens teeth you might think differently. With the current sale there will be less than 0.016% of them ever made in private ownership... And many of those will be getting modified from original condition... so the original ones will be a great investment for anybody willing to hang onto them.

mahdey

In a few decades when they are rarer than hens teeth you might think differently. With the current sale there will be less than 0.016% of them ever made in private ownership... And many of those will be getting modified from original condition... so the original ones will be a great investment for anybody willing to hang onto them.

Exactly. Picking mine up tuesday. I'll post up pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks