• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy Cow Batman !!!

unclemikey

Well I was starting to think that I was all alone out here. Things have really started to get strange ever since around last June/July. Is it that GL is pushing info to the public so hard, or is something else going on that I don't understand. I guess time will tell.

KaiserM109

Several months ago there was a Buffalo mock-up, not a real one but a mock-up on an M923A1 chasis that went for over $30,000!!

Then there's the opposite story about the T38 Talon (two seat version of an F5 Freedom Fighter) that was flown in the movie Dragnet. As an airforce plane, it crashed into a junkyard. Instead of picking it up, they sold it to the junkyard for scrap metal because they declared it unrepairable. Well, Southern Cal is the place where a lot of ex-military planes get refurb'd and it wasn't long before it was flying under civilian title.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Patience my friend. With the increase in uparmored trucks and the fact that they are now approaching 20 years old and the fact the military is excess of cargo vehicles, your hope to someday own one maybe within reach sooner than you might think. I still remember the guy that paid over 45K for a MTV with cargo handling crane a few years ago. Although that version is somewhat rarer than others, THAT GUY will never get that kinda R.O.I.

939 stuff is gonna be the old hat stuff...or already is. Any surviving deuces sure are bringing higher prices.
So, what happens when the flood begins? Will everyone be saying 923 wwwhhhaaatt? The storm clouds are moving in and it's getting ready to rain.

Rifleman

Well, i watched 8, m936 trucks today,most were M936A2's, the auction for them was at both Fontana and Barstow. On the low side they went for 5 grand, and on the high side they went for a little over 7 grand.

Now the ones that went high had most, but not all of their BII kit. During this same auction i watched a M925A2 with seats and canvas that closed for over 9 grand, but during that same auction there were some very nice M923A2's that went for just a little over 3 grand.

At barstow today they had two of the M923A2 Frankenstein trucks with no seats or canvas that went for over 7 grand each, but they both had rebuilt motors in 2010.

There seems to be no rime or reason to price, i have watched all the auctions for M936 trucks at Barstow and Fontana for the past year. One week you will see a M936A2 with hardtop, full BII kit, along with the convoy lights and both oxygen and actelene tanks that will sell for around 5 grand. Then the next auction you will have a beat up M936 with soft top come up for auction with no BII kit at all, go for over 8 grand, it just makes no sense.