• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy CRAP... axle U bolts

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's another (not-so-good) photo taken from the rear of the truck which shows how the U-bolt reverse kit eliminates the bolt ends and nuts from hanging down. (Note: I also relocated the rear shock brackets higher up on the axle tube).

Attachments

Drock

Judging from the pics posted by share cropper the height difference on top of the springs is minimal at best. Don't over think it:smile:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most trucks are not static. The load changes. Lower bumpstops and a bed full of wood is like eliminating the rear suspension. Would work fine for trailer queen or a display truck but if you work a truck with stock suspension, it will hit. If off road design, one of the leaders in this field and area of development give that warning, there is probably a fair reason. My overthinking is actually experience.

southdave

Thanks a bunch I got the flipped ones.. I was hoping to change out the air shocks the fire dept installed I once had 2 6.2 in the can in the back barley budge the shocks. Maybe I can bend around a piece of 3/8 on an iron worker and more or less counter sink the bolts.. like the flying nun's hat..

Last edited: