• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy oil cooler lines batman!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So I've already squared away my oil cooler lines. (Thanks Cheif_919!) But I had sent an email to a well known MV used parts dealer. I just got an email back from them yesterday. I could have bought a set from them for only.....

$400!
:shock:

I've got nothing against someone making a profit. But that's $270 more than they cost brand new from the chevy dealer! I could even understand asking near the same as the dealer price for the used lines since it's a dealer only part. But not 200% more than the new item price.

/end rant

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That is a bend over and take it without lube price. They better love you a long time for $400. That price is to booko!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It'd only open up more issues if I did. But man, I was shocked at that email. I also informed them that the lines were only $130 new from the dealer.

DrJekl

Wow! That is up there!

You can generally pick up the newer cooler lines with the radiator (small oil cooler radiator seperate from the main colling unit) from pull a part yards. I don't know when they went to that type of cooling method though they seem to be common in 90s model Chevy diesels.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I ended up get a set of used ones for $64 shipped. There was a set in the same truck I got my radiator from, but someone from the yard decided to cut the lines when they removed the engine. aua

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which lines? the all aluminum ones, or the rubber ones?

Anubis8472

Straight up theft there.

I always tell guys when they're looking for X/Y/Z "Don't tell them it's for a motorcycle".
In this case an MV.

Price for item = $
Price for exact same item when seller knows it's for a "special" application = $+500% markup.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I had a problem with a dealer when tring to get parts for my slant eyed tractor....the hydrolic lines have an odd ball thread pattern and the dealer thought he was in the catbird seat.

The last time I tried to buy hoses for the power steering he wanted to bend me over the stump......I found a local guy that could make the hoses for a lot less than the dealer.

I bought a complete set of hoses from him and keep them in the shop in case I need one. I then scanned in a copy of my invoice and emailed it to the dealer with a note that said I would never buy anything from him again.

I posted the info on a Chinese tractor website with the local guys contact info. He got so much business that the last time I went in for a hose (for that %*&($%(*% wrecker I had) he gave me a big discount.

It pays to shop around.

kapnklug

I seem to remember there was a factory recall on the OEM flexible lines, and the dealership was obligated to replace them with updated models for free if the leaky ones were original. Might be worth investigating for anyone who still needs them replaced (mine were replaced before I read this someplace)