• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy oil cooler lines batman!

DrJekl

I looked at Advance Auto's web site and while they do not sell the 84-86 cooling lines, they do sell the 99 model lines that go to your oil cooler out front. They run $20 each, the connectors for the block are $5 each. I brought in my radiator and lines but found I was missing the little retainers that hold the lines in place. So I ordered new ones for $5 each from AA and am going to install the whole thing this weekend and get away from the old style set up. I think I'll do the same for the transmission.

southdave

Dealer only or not there has to be a hose supply company that can make them.
I try that, ran into issues with the compression fitting. the lent and the o-ring for the oil cooler where the enter the raditor noone wanted to do it.. I cut the bought 20 bucks of hose and clamps and I was back in bussiness.
the alternative is use a pex heat exchanger with some Tee's off the heater hoses.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Plate-He...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item7b68f00436

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck on the adapters that thread into the oil filter casting. I've replace both them and the lines twice and they leak after a while. I'm changing over to hydraulic hoses. This was on a 93 3/4ton chevy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks