• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homebrew Deuce Headache Rack

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I have just about finished my headache rack/ bed extension

I made the cuts for the framework and tacked it together with my little welder, then dropped it off for the kids in the welding class to burn together.

I am undecided on the deck material, originally I planned to use 1/2" steel diamond plate, but I may just use expanded metal there as well and space the rack upto make up the difference...

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I did a bed "lift" of sorts today (replaced the 3/4" strips between the bed and the frame w/ 1.5") and actually mounted the rack. I still need to paint (it appears the any drought the south eastern United States happens to be suffereing is put on hold any day I have the time to paint).
I thinki I'll mount a pioneer rack between the headache rack and the cab and make up a hilift mount as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

TaylorTradingCo

space filler

I have a unit off of a 5-ton dump truck that is about 2' wide. It has a spare tire holder on the passenger side and a nice big tool box on the drivers side. It looks like it was just made to fit in that spot between your bed and deck.

Derek Taylor

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, Is that attached to a "universal quick attach" mount? Good luck with that BFR, can't wait to see it working!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Awesome!! Where are we going to get it? :D

:razz:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
After all these years! Did you sell the PTO?
yep, all I had to do was give up... so I now I need to decide how to power the pump (which I need to find)

Wow, Is that attached to a "universal quick attach" mount? Good luck with that BFR, can't wait to see it working!
yes quick attach, but I would hate to try to move it with a skidsteer. It will be a while before it is anything other than a truck ornament (again have to work out pump/reservoir.

I need 2560psi @10.5gpm

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 15 gallons, Joel. You will need a filter/strainer also, perhaps a magnetic filter too, the standard HIAB tank has a large magnetic filter as part of the return fitting assembly (item 6 in the image below).
Connection to the pump from the tank is not shown, it's in the bottom.

Attachments