• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homebrew Deuce Headache Rack

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I have just about finished my headache rack/ bed extension

I made the cuts for the framework and tacked it together with my little welder, then dropped it off for the kids in the welding class to burn together.

I am undecided on the deck material, originally I planned to use 1/2" steel diamond plate, but I may just use expanded metal there as well and space the rack upto make up the difference...

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I did a bed "lift" of sorts today (replaced the 3/4" strips between the bed and the frame w/ 1.5") and actually mounted the rack. I still need to paint (it appears the any drought the south eastern United States happens to be suffereing is put on hold any day I have the time to paint).
I thinki I'll mount a pioneer rack between the headache rack and the cab and make up a hilift mount as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

TaylorTradingCo

space filler

I have a unit off of a 5-ton dump truck that is about 2' wide. It has a spare tire holder on the passenger side and a nice big tool box on the drivers side. It looks like it was just made to fit in that spot between your bed and deck.

Derek Taylor

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, Is that attached to a "universal quick attach" mount? Good luck with that BFR, can't wait to see it working!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Awesome!! Where are we going to get it? :D

:razz:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
After all these years! Did you sell the PTO?
yep, all I had to do was give up... so I now I need to decide how to power the pump (which I need to find)

Wow, Is that attached to a "universal quick attach" mount? Good luck with that BFR, can't wait to see it working!
yes quick attach, but I would hate to try to move it with a skidsteer. It will be a while before it is anything other than a truck ornament (again have to work out pump/reservoir.

I need 2560psi @10.5gpm

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 15 gallons, Joel. You will need a filter/strainer also, perhaps a magnetic filter too, the standard HIAB tank has a large magnetic filter as part of the return fitting assembly (item 6 in the image below).
Connection to the pump from the tank is not shown, it's in the bottom.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks