• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homegrown Tow Bar

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
What SW number do you have for the green CARC? I think I have run across two versions. Maybe it was the multiple component though. Awsome job again.

aboonski

I am anxious to see the finished product! It's nice to see you are a Florida resident too! Jacksonville is several hours north of me but I would drive up to see your towbar once it is finished. I spent a lot more for my towbar feet than you but that's all I have towards a towbar right now. I'll watch for updates! Al Broadbent

USMC6062

The towbar has been finished for a while now. I've pulled a M108 wrecker with it, and a 5 ton tractor so far. It will get used again in a couple weeks to move the 5 ton tractor again and bring back a deuce from Lake City. The finished pics are on page 6, unless your looking for something else. Thanks, Alex

spentshell

Nice , I remember seeing the beginings of your bar but not the finished version
Excellent job I like it better than the real deal
Sounds like its stronger too :drool:

tm america

wow very impressed al that with a torch i would have guessed a plasma cutter thats what i use for my cutsthe lamminated steel willl be way stronger than the original cast piece save your patternsi bet everyone will want to use em put me on the list;-)

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Out of shear boredom at work and interest in making my own, i drew up some blueprints for the lunette ring end of the towbar USMC6062 built. please keep in mind i was taking measurements off of pictures on my cellphone so they may not match exactly to what he made, though i am curious as to how close i got. Also, this is just for the 2 center pieces, the other 4 gradually get smaller as you can see in his pics.

Attachments

jaxsof

Alex, You have inspired me to make my own feet, too. I know which ones I need, but I have only seen one set, ever, and the member who has them had expressed an interest in selling, but I havent heard anything since. I am a machinist by trade, and this looks like it may be fun. Thanks! John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks