• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homegrown Tow Bar

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
What SW number do you have for the green CARC? I think I have run across two versions. Maybe it was the multiple component though. Awsome job again.

aboonski

I am anxious to see the finished product! It's nice to see you are a Florida resident too! Jacksonville is several hours north of me but I would drive up to see your towbar once it is finished. I spent a lot more for my towbar feet than you but that's all I have towards a towbar right now. I'll watch for updates! Al Broadbent

USMC6062

The towbar has been finished for a while now. I've pulled a M108 wrecker with it, and a 5 ton tractor so far. It will get used again in a couple weeks to move the 5 ton tractor again and bring back a deuce from Lake City. The finished pics are on page 6, unless your looking for something else. Thanks, Alex

spentshell

Nice , I remember seeing the beginings of your bar but not the finished version
Excellent job I like it better than the real deal
Sounds like its stronger too :drool:

tm america

wow very impressed al that with a torch i would have guessed a plasma cutter thats what i use for my cutsthe lamminated steel willl be way stronger than the original cast piece save your patternsi bet everyone will want to use em put me on the list;-)

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Out of shear boredom at work and interest in making my own, i drew up some blueprints for the lunette ring end of the towbar USMC6062 built. please keep in mind i was taking measurements off of pictures on my cellphone so they may not match exactly to what he made, though i am curious as to how close i got. Also, this is just for the 2 center pieces, the other 4 gradually get smaller as you can see in his pics.

Attachments

jaxsof

Alex, You have inspired me to make my own feet, too. I know which ones I need, but I have only seen one set, ever, and the member who has them had expressed an interest in selling, but I havent heard anything since. I am a machinist by trade, and this looks like it may be fun. Thanks! John