• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homemade trailer. Lunette ring is too small

allgonoshow

I built a homemade trailer to pull behind my duece around the ranch. I bought a 4 bolt 35,000 lb lunette ring from "The hitch store". I finally got the trailer done this weekend and when I went to hook it up, the pintle on my duece was too big for the lunette ring. I looked and could not find any other lunette rings that heavy duty that had different sizes. Am I just not looking hard enough? It looks like it would fit with just a little grinding. I dont have any experience with pintle hitch/lunette rings, how tight are they supposed to fit? I am thinking I could just take a carbide bit in my die grinder and take a little off of the lunette ring. What do you guys think?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should not fit tight. A 3" ID pintle ring should fit.

allgonoshow

It is nothing special, I built it from mid 70's IH grain truck. Pretty much a big "pickup box" trailer that was reinforced with 1/2'' steel. I will try to get pics for you guys. Oh and I will be painting it OD when I get the time.:D

allgonoshow

I have done some searching online and I still cant find a lunette ring with 3'' ID with the 4 bolt hole attachment. I have found some 3'' rings but they are the 2 bolts through the channel iron mount. I already have the trailer made for the 4 bolt mount. So I guess my options now are to do some grinding. My buddy is using my digital camera right now so it may be a few days before I can get some pics but I will asap.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is nothing special, I built it from mid 70's IH grain truck. Pretty much a big "pickup box" trailer that was reinforced with 1/2'' steel. I will try to get pics for you guys. Oh and I will be painting it OD when I get the time.:D
Still, nopics

I picked up two M105 trailers at Redstone last week for the sole purpose of the axles. I've got a few homemade trailer plans in the works myself. I've pretty much gathered all the steel I need and all I needed was a couple of axles. After pricing new axles, I figured I couldn't go wrong with a couple of cheap M105s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks