• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Do I Contact OD Iron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabtl

I have been emailing OD Iron for three days now about a part I ordered on 2/9. I contacted them by their site email on 2/20 and received an automated reply they were at a Steel Soldiers even in Florida until 2/25. I have been trying since to find out if they are shipping it or refunding the money.

I understand someone here may be connected in some fashion with OD Iron and perhaps I can get some response here.

Is OD Iron still in business?

55Cameo

Yes, he is in business and will probably chime in here soon. I'm sure that he had a lot to do to catch up after putting on the Fl rally event. Please be patient with him, he worked really hard and put in a lot of time and money to throw a excellent event for members and is a great guy. He also has another job that he is probably behind on after the event.

mangus580

his email is mike@odiron.com

He has been back in the office since monday. I will check with him shortly to see if he recieved your email. I do know he was having email hiccups earlier this week....

dabtl

It is not so much the inability to contact them, as it is the lack of contact from them in three weeks.

Oh, well, so long as it is still operating, I guess being patient will suffice.

DanMartin

Mike is a good guy...I'm sure he's just backlogged after the rally, or something else is up (email issue or something).

I know he's been very responsive to me in the past, so I'll bet there is some SNAFU going on.

dabtl

Do you have a phone number? I am clueless why I have not heard yet.

Repeated emails have brought not response.

UPDATED: I have received some PMs in reply. Apparently the part is being shipped fairly soon. OD Iron has offered discounts and stuff to make up, but all I want is the part. The price was fair and I am sure it will work fine.

poppop

I can speak from experience and say that an event such as the one Mike just put on takes a trmendous amout of time and energy and when its over it takes days to recover. I am sure he is trying to catch up and after meeting him at the rally i can assure you you will receive to part or a refund. Be patient and give him some time.

dabtl

While I am sympathetic to working hard, The part was ordered and paid for ten days before the show.

As I understand the PM's OD Iron took ALL the parts to the show and sold them all at the show. They have had my money, did not communicate and I was forced to inquire here.

From the PM's I assume they will ship when and if the parts come in again. I ordered an Ouverson part, and the PM's indicate they worked real hard to come up with another supplier. So, apparently, order Ouverson and get what they ship.

I am hard pressed to offer up any excuses for the company. First in line, last to ship, seems to be the response.

But, when the part comes in, I assume it will be acceptable. This is my last post as I consider the matter over, unless another month goes by without a part being shipped.

devilman96

Guys I appreciate the support but Dabtl is right and I dropped the ball with his order. I’ve had a few in the past few weeks that have plagued me and this is one of them... Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has problems... I’ve had a little too much going on with fetching trucks and the rally… Where as its good for the hobby I still have business obligations to fulfill and if I slack then I’ve screwed up…

He's right for giving me a lashing and deserves the space to post and state his opinion about his experience.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
devilman96 said:
Guys I appreciate the support but Dabtl is right and I dropped the ball with his order. I’ve had a few in the past few weeks that have plagued me and this is one of them... Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has problems... I’ve had a little too much going on with fetching trucks and the rally… Where as its good for the hobby I still have business obligations to fulfill and if I slack then I’ve screwed up…

He's right for giving me a lashing and deserves the space to post and state his opinion about his experience.
To me this says alot about the guy. While I've never bought anything from him (I'm sure I will it the near future) it's rare in this day and age someone will stand up and admit they screwed up. I'm sure y'all will get everything worked out.

dabtl

One month has now passed from the time I ordered and paid for the Ouverson axle.

Still no part, no further communication other than some PMs at the first of the month and what you have read in this thread.

bottleworks

Hmm...That is very disappointing. Have you requested a refund yet? I would have though that it would have been next day shipped to you the day he posted his reply. Any chance that you paid via Paypal?

dabtl

I received this PM earlier. I have no clue who this is or what else may be going on.

'feel free to call me if you need to 256-355-xxxx i own offroad fabworks.

I just checked ups on the bar 1Z4461Y2039239xxxx it says scheduled for 3-11-08

What happen was mike (ODiron owner) called me and asked me if i had one i can send to you cause he got sold out of them and it would be faster for me to send you one then get one ordered in from Ouverson then ship to you. I do appoligize this is my fault on the bar. the lockouts were to come from ODiron. Me and mike usually help each other out when we get in a pinch and get sold out on a part. its no diffrent then a company doing a drop shipment from somewere else when they are back ordered on items. Please if you have any ?'s please feel free to call me instead of using the pms to try to figure it out. I just wanta clear the air so its known that the bar itself is my fault NOT ODirons.

thanks,
Darrell'

Thats exactly it Dabtl. Mike asked us to drop ship it for him cause he got sold out on alot of stuff. The bar is no way ODirons fault for the delay cause he asked us to drop ship it. The major thing that killed the delay was of the Rally, recovery of the trucks in TN and me being in texas a few days. Its no way shape or form a excuse just telling you what we had going on. Just want guys to know that ODiron is a good place to deal with, just had a hiccup on this order due to all the traveling we both were doing and trying to get stuff taken care of.

devilman96

When I said feel free to throw me under a bus for making a mistake I didn’t mean to do so inaccurately and / or drive it into the ground in the process.

I’ve been letting this thread slide for several reasons… First being, I made a mistake with an order, I accept full responsibility for that.. Regardless of whom is shipping what, how things get done, or what happens I have to accept the responsibility for what happens with ODI…

I also don’t agree with vendors defending mistakes and or commenting on some threads. Everyone is entitled to their opinion… everyone gets their say… that is one thing about SS that I’ve always valued. Too many times now I have seen someone say that “advertisers” here on SS get special treatment, and or members are not allowed to “bash” or say anything bad about an advertiser… To me this is a sensitive subject and something that makes me incredibly hesitant to ever comment publicly when something goes wrong. It also very much limits my input on threads because my advice is seen as bias… Perfectly understandable!!!! So I bow out of a LOT of topics because of this.

On the other hand… What is happening here is becoming very inaccurate… and where I can let some things slide… enough is enough…

Dabtl… Your 100% correct that I botched your order and yes you are right that I was incredibly hard to get a hold of for about a 2 -3 week period. I had a lot going on and am still to date playing catch up and trying to logistically recover. In my PM to you I did explain the week before the rally (when your order came in) I was on my way out of town to recover trucks from out of state… The following week was the rally… To portray that I offered no explanation for the time frame is inaccurate. Publicly I hate saying this, I see it as an excuse and there really is no excuse for the mistake other than to say myself purchasing a truck and going to recover it allowed my time for business to be cut into before the rally… again I am sorry for this, and apologize for my own OD addiction getting in the way of another’s.

In regards to selling your parts off at the rally… At no point did I say anything about selling your parts, all parts, or any parts at the rally… To say “first in line and last to ship” is totally inaccurate… As a matter of fact the only sales exchange which took place at the rally was for a set of wheel seals… This is because I was NOT selling parts… none were offered… none were even displayed… My support for the rally is and always will be… for the hobby… Not for my own monetary gain. To publicly accuse me otherwise and inaccurately use my words in vein in regards to something like that infuriates me personally… But again I’ve let that slide in this posting for quite some time now.

The comment of “order Ouverson and get what they ship” is also again a completely inaccurate statement… As I explained to you I was out of stock on the PN, in order to get your part to you in the fastest manner possible I was using another vendor to drop ship the part to you (Darrell Off Road Fab Works)… I said nothing about shipping you a lesser part or something other than what you ordered from me. Again I let this slide and considered it as a misunderstanding.

After my PM to you and your last posting saying “This is my last post as I consider the matter over, unless another month goes by without a part being shipped.”… I also considered the issue resolved as I was already doing everything I could to get your part as fast as possible… I don’t make them… I just sell them and I had already contacted everyone I could to try and get your part shipped. If this was not satisfactory or to your liking all you had to do is say so and you would have had your payment refunded…

Again… I don’t think what has happened to your order is fair… I will do anything I can to try and correct it… I have offered you my sincerest apologies and the best explanation I can possibly give… But I am not going to continue to allow you to inaccurately dramatize a situation while bastardizing my words and using them to publicly beat me over the head.

As Darrell from ORFW said your shaft will be there tomorrow… Well under the month you last stated was acceptable…

sermis

I have had dealings with Mike (OD Iron) in the past. I have both bought parts from him and sold parts to him and will continue to deal with him when I need something. He has never been anything but 100% accommodating. One order from him I was shorted, a message to him and the part was on the way and he covered the shipping. I was delayed on shipping items to him myself and when the situation was explained all was ok on both ends. When you add in personal hobby addiction, work, rally, etc time can really pass. Though I have never had parts from him drop shipped from another vender, I have had some experience where I received parts that way. It is a common practice in the market place to help provide the part / service to the customer.

Any more is really :deadhorse:

dabtl

devilman96 said:
When I said feel free to throw me under a bus for making a mistake I didn’t mean to do so inaccurately and / or drive it into the ground in the process.

I’ve been letting this thread slide for several reasons… First being, I made a mistake with an order, I accept full responsibility for that.. Regardless of whom is shipping what, how things get done, or what happens I have to accept the responsibility for what happens with ODI…

I also don’t agree with vendors defending mistakes and or commenting on some threads. Everyone is entitled to their opinion… everyone gets their say… that is one thing about SS that I’ve always valued. Too many times now I have seen someone say that “advertisers” here on SS get special treatment, and or members are not allowed to “bash” or say anything bad about an advertiser… To me this is a sensitive subject and something that makes me incredibly hesitant to ever comment publicly when something goes wrong. It also very much limits my input on threads because my advice is seen as bias… Perfectly understandable!!!! So I bow out of a LOT of topics because of this.

On the other hand… What is happening here is becoming very inaccurate… and where I can let some things slide… enough is enough…

Dabtl… Your 100% correct that I botched your order and yes you are right that I was incredibly hard to get a hold of for about a 2 -3 week period. I had a lot going on and am still to date playing catch up and trying to logistically recover. In my PM to you I did explain the week before the rally (when your order came in) I was on my way out of town to recover trucks from out of state… The following week was the rally… To portray that I offered no explanation for the time frame is inaccurate. Publicly I hate saying this, I see it as an excuse and there really is no excuse for the mistake other than to say myself purchasing a truck and going to recover it allowed my time for business to be cut into before the rally… again I am sorry for this, and apologize for my own OD addiction getting in the way of another’s.

In regards to selling your parts off at the rally… At no point did I say anything about selling your parts, all parts, or any parts at the rally… To say “first in line and last to ship” is totally inaccurate… As a matter of fact the only sales exchange which took place at the rally was for a set of wheel seals… This is because I was NOT selling parts… none were offered… none were even displayed… My support for the rally is and always will be… for the hobby… Not for my own monetary gain. To publicly accuse me otherwise and inaccurately use my words in vein in regards to something like that infuriates me personally… But again I’ve let that slide in this posting for quite some time now.

The comment of “order Ouverson and get what they ship” is also again a completely inaccurate statement… As I explained to you I was out of stock on the PN, in order to get your part to you in the fastest manner possible I was using another vendor to drop ship the part to you (Darrell Off Road Fab Works)… I said nothing about shipping you a lesser part or something other than what you ordered from me. Again I let this slide and considered it as a misunderstanding.

After my PM to you and your last posting saying “This is my last post as I consider the matter over, unless another month goes by without a part being shipped.”… I also considered the issue resolved as I was already doing everything I could to get your part as fast as possible… I don’t make them… I just sell them and I had already contacted everyone I could to try and get your part shipped. If this was not satisfactory or to your liking all you had to do is say so and you would have had your payment refunded…

Again… I don’t think what has happened to your order is fair… I will do anything I can to try and correct it… I have offered you my sincerest apologies and the best explanation I can possibly give… But I am not going to continue to allow you to inaccurately dramatize a situation while bastardizing my words and using them to publicly beat me over the head.

As Darrell from ORFW said your shaft will be there tomorrow… Well under the month you last stated was acceptable…
OK, no problem. Now that everyone knows what is going on NOW. I have had a very poor communications from you. Now I get flacked for trying to find out what is going on still.

So, lets recap this. First I ordered from you a specific product. You did not ship, took the money and I tried to communicate and get told you have an email problem. Next, I get some PMs telling me don't worry and such. I get PMs from a person who I did not do business with telling me he screwed up and is shipping me a different product from another source.

If that sums it up, then so be it. Maybe something arrives tomorrow and maybe not. But,it is a screwy way to do business.

dabtl

55Cameo said:
Same product, same manufacturer, different location.
Not what has been told to me. I guess it is possible.

I really am tired of this mess. I will take whatever they send me. One month, several PMs and no product so far.

Will the mods delete this thread please. I do not care at this point if I get anything at all. I will just order from Ouverson tomorrow if nothing comes in and call it a bad deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.