• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I replace fuel filters?

MDSA

Joho,

The primary is much shorter - 3.5 sounds right. The bottom of the praimary canister is empty of filter so any sediment doesn't block the filter. Glad you're using Baldwins.

GoHot229

Is the primary filter as long as the other 2? the canister looks long but my baldwin filter #pf906 is only 3.5 inches long.
Thanks again for all your help.
Yep, inside the can is a bolt that comes up and thtough the top lip, halfway up is a deal and a spring, thus the short filter, no its not occuping the entire canister

steelandcanvas

This site has so much info and is so big that I wouldn't even know where to begin.
I know it was a stupid question, sorry to waste your time.
Thank you
Hey Man, It wasn't a stupid question and you didn't waste anyone's time. You should invest in a manual, to get the most from your truck. The search feature is your friend, experiment with it. When you get into trouble and exausted all leads, someone will be here to help you out. Welcome to the Site, enjoy!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a diagram of the primary fule filter. The paper filter is short to allow water and crud to collect in the bottom of the canister.

When I changed out my first set of filters in an AF truck this is what I found. They had put in two filter instead of one. I had to figure out the spring and washers inside the can.

Do you wonder how well it ran........

Attachments

Last edited:

avengeusa

i do not have parts 6,7,and 8, but i do have the longer filter, those look like crap!

wow, mine was nothing like that

Garandfan

Yeah I'm gonna replace the filters after seeing that.....I might as well replace the belts too if I'm gonna mover over the generator...Unfortunately, you can get bashed on this site without searching first. Do i think you should get the third degree for it, no. But as opposed to taking the time typing to shame someone, just point some one to the right place. Some of these threads are hard to find when we are mainly on here in the middle of the night. I figure that anything can happen with these trucks and I would rather have a lot of preparedness and a fair amount of karma in my favor.

When I changed my primary the first time I was startled to see that - there was nothing inside :shock:. Somebody just left it off. I had to fabricate all the washer and stuff inside to make a new filter fit.
Is there a spin-on kit for the primary filter available, too? Would be great to have one of these big cans there with a finer filter and a water separator.

Cheers,
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks