• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How fast do you drive your Deuce?

burt gummers

i run 50 mph all the way untill i need to make a pass. only once have i passed another car while driving down a 2 lane road... you can imagine how slow they where going :wink:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The SC duece with the redneck gun turret will hold 55 all day long but I usually run 45 if I can do it without blocking traffic.
When I was pulling FreightTrains duece home I was running 55 and we had not pulled the driveshaft on his.
I can't wait to see what the multi in the M52 will do.

5tonpuller

Mostly at 50. It seems to like it there. When on the interstate before one of those long or steep hills. I run it up to all it will do. 1/2 way up the hill the propane comes on and it smokes like hell. Thats on bio.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my old gasser 52 m52 would do 55 on the floor, and 52 just a bit off red line

mhb285

On the freeway down here I try to stay at 50-55mph. When possable.
On the surface streets its at least 15-20 under speed limit. To many signal lights.
Its like I catch every red light on surface streets.

sailor2000

MikeON said:
This truck will hold 70 on the highway:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=160192867614&rd=1

The only way I can get mine above 55 is to go downhill. Gotta get the pyro installed.
Mike
I wrote the guy and asked how he managed to do 70 in a M35... he said he did it at 2400 rpm by running 50% diesel and 50% 97 octane gas....

What a load!!! rofl

And to answer the original question... convoy speed for me is 45... it's a long story, but I have seen repeated proof with mine own eyes that engines run mostly at the design redline die (loud, painful deaths) much sooner than those run at a more conservative speed... :deadhorse:

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel much more relaxed, (mentally AND physically), when running at 55 or under on the open road. The truck just seems happier when I don't max the pedal. I have the forward rear axlel unlocked on pavement, and that smooths things out a whole lot! A happy truck. Very happy!

(There I go talking about my deuce like it was alive and has a mind, and feelings, and ...) Hey, DOC!

ReoCharlie

My Gas Reo runs down the road at 45mph with alittle to spare and runs all day long,. not to get there fast but it does
take all my equipment with me.The adventure of the ride and seeing the sites along the way is enough for me . I always usually "take the road least taken ".

sermis

Can some one post a good speed calculator or tell me what my real speed is.
Running 395/85R/20’s (46.5” tall) RPM indicating 2,400. Speedo indicates 50 mph bit I can almost keep up with traffic on the interstate.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
m-35tom said:
the 'loud bang' will sound funny also. i once removed an entire piston out the bottom of an engine. (without removing the oil pan)
im used to that, i blow up everything i own. my buddy has a big truck shop and keeps buyin trucks from GL for junk. if i blow one up i can get and enging cheap or free and geti it installed for nothing more than my time at his shop doing it :D

Blythewoodjoe

I guess I'm always in a hurry. I always run the truck at 2400 on 2500 on the interstate. Gps says it's 61 mph. A guy flagged me over on the way back from the Georgia rally and wanted to know what I did to get it to go so fast. Of course it's only 11,000 pounds with the 4 wheel set up. The other day I went to Owens field in Columbia in it and on the way home I drove in the middle lane on the interstate. The right lane was going slower. That's more of a reflection of how slow some of the people around here drive. Usually they are in the left lane :lol:

I have the 14.5's all the way around. I must admit I don't really like convoys because they are slow. Maybe one day I will slow down and smell the roses but I don't see that happening any time soon :(

Joe Trapp

rockman

how fast?

I usually drive 45 or so. I need to get the 12.5 xls balanced and then will try for 50. Hope with a little santa money...

Bill in Tn

Westech

CPL
This truck will hold 70 on the highway:
ok.. so with 11:00 tires and my Multi pushing 2800/2900 RPM I can Just squeak under 70 MPH. With 9:00 tires ah that would be like over 3500 RPM and I don't think a Multi would last too long at that RPM.

Come on guys this is not the BS club.
(well maybe in chat, but not here)

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One year at annual training, the TXG decided to convoy from camp swift to camp mabry for a ceremony.. The only MV was my deuce, and slowest vehicle leads.. I can only imagine the 300+ vehicles behind me, cursing.. See, the TXG transportation is based on POVs, not military-owned vehicles. This stunt was not repeated.