• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How fast do you drive your Deuce?

spicergear

sermis said:
Can some one post a good speed calculator or tell me what my real speed is.
Running 395/85R/20’s (46.5” tall) RPM indicating 2,400. Speedo indicates 50 mph bit I can almost keep up with traffic on the interstate.
http://www.ringpinion.com/Calc_RPM.aspx Randy's Ring and Pinion.

6.72 (R&P), 46.5 (tire), 60mph, 0.79 (5th gear OD) = 2302rpm.

63mph would end up being just a fuzz over 2400rpm.

alphadeltaromeo

Spicer - lots of talk on the forum about repowering deuces...with that CAT in your deuce, what can you share about the difference in torque now? Do you feel a big difference in in the strength of the deuce?

Alredneck

Banned
Heck i cant even get mine out of the parking lot much less up to 55mph. Soon though soon Registrations enroute, calling bout tires tomorrow! Once legal n got good rubber i'll drive the lube out of it!

rmgill

With the 1100 Singles I added last winter, I try to center it on 55 mph to keep from screaming the engine too much. That allows 2200 rpm if I recall correctly. 50-55mph is comfortable on the long stretches of highway. I haven't swapped the speedo adaptor but I have a GPS installed so I can get speed data from that. It's mounted on a little bracket next to the front window so it's trivial to look over at it while driving down the road. Very handy for navigation too as well as distance to nearest truck stop.

Attachments

beaubeau

I'm a V.N. Vet (USMC) Motor transport with 7th. Engs.Service Co. and I drove everything up to the M123??? and there were times when I drove M54A2 , I remember going down hill at top speed in 5 fth gear, and then drop into 4th and let it WIND!!. I tried like hell to blow apart a Multifuel, Never did!! Im now 59years old, drove trucks all my life and never had a motor come apart. I presently have a Deuce 1971, and working on paper work for the 2nd.I really got a good one. My son and I drove from PA. to N.H.512 miles, all we lost were 2 fan belts 1/4 th miles from an exit on rt. 81,Pa.Had new belts and going again in 1.5 hrs.

sermis

"I haven't swapped the speedo adaptor"

What adapter is needed for 395/85/20's? Don't have a GPS buyt I can almost keep up with traffic on the interstate on a slow day.

Is the 3053A 0.85 OD?

6.72 gears / 46.5 tire height / 60 mph / 0.85 trans ratio = 2476 rpm

wsucougarx

I'm a 45 MPH kind of guy. When I'm in my deuce, I'm usually not in any hurry to get anywhere. Plus it's a MV, people expect me to go slow:wink:
If I were in a hurry then I'd ditch the deuce and jump in my turbo'd Jetta GLI:wink:

JTugwell

usually run 45-50 with an occasional burst of WOT. I may need to get a pyro, and turn the fuel up. lost a drag race in a merge lane with a motor home yesterday.

Josh

50-55. when coming home from a trip, according to my GPS i averaged 53mphs on the freeway towing a 8000lb trailer. i checked it right before it got skewed on a 2 mile long hill that i was stuck in second gear for =/

AaronW

Way to dig up an old thread Mike!:razz:

My unloaded freeway speed is 52-55 on the flats. Seems to love to run that fast. Stock wheels/tires. Guilty as charged of using cruise control.

Attachments

Earth

Mostly I drive on dirt roads and seldom over 20 mph. If I take one to town I go about 45mph. If I'm in my F250 I go about the same, just a little faster.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
50-55 mph/2000-2250 rpm by the speedo, but GPS reads it at 46-47 mph.

Once accidentally got it to 60.