• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many need a Detroit locker for LMTV ?

Olddog44

Just a simple thought on locker location. With the 6 x 6 MTVs It is the furthest rear axle that has the sway bar. The Center axle has the largest ability to free float thus much more able to put 50% of its pressure on each side. The rear axle on the other hand is being influenced by the sway bar that they’ll be times that there’s more pressure on one side less on the other. So putting the locker In the rear axle will force both tires to turn even if the pressure A.k.a. traction is not equally shared. If I put just one locker in I’m going to go with this logic.

If someone has a better idea I would love to hear it.

I have noticed that the traction increase on my Jeep is substantial when the sway bar is disconnected and the vehicle can articulate to help keep equal pressure on all tires even with the differentials locked up.

ramdough

Just a simple thought on locker location. With the 6 x 6 MTVs It is the furthest rear axle that has the sway bar. The Center axle has the largest ability to free float thus much more able to put 50% of its pressure on each side. The rear axle on the other hand is being influenced by the sway bar that they’ll be times that there’s more pressure on one side less on the other. So putting the locker In the rear axle will force both tires to turn even if the pressure A.k.a. traction is not equally shared. If I put just one locker in I’m going to go with this logic.

If someone has a better idea I would love to hear it.

I have noticed that the traction increase on my Jeep is substantial when the sway bar is disconnected and the vehicle can articulate to help keep equal pressure on all tires even with the differentials locked up.
That is an interesting observation.

My plan right now is both rears will have lockers.

My biggest concern is icy roads with this setup. Everything else will probably be gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks