• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many need a Detroit locker for LMTV ?

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folk.... search out Bryce on Facebook. beating a dead horse in this thread.
A friend and i started a year ago to have these lockers made for the Meritor axles, and now they are here. I started this thread 11 months ago to see if there was any interest in this locker here. I am an axle manufacture, not a parts pimp. From this point on I will limit the info. i post on FMTV and LMTV.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please don't leave us hanging Steve6x6x6. It was just starting to get good. I view you as a great resource here on SS

Thanks!

DCLund

Sorry. What just happened? I'm interested in more info on the lockers. Price, durability,installation.
Pardon my inexperience, but what is a soft locker? Does that mean that it is clutched?
Please redirect me if needed to follow this.
Thanks

coachgeo

Sorry. What just happened?
Nothing happened from how I read it; Steve just let you know he prefers to deal with complete axles is all. If you want to buy the Locker part separate contact Bryce as mentioned earlier.

I'm interested in more info on the lockers. Price, durability,installation.
Pardon my inexperience, but what is a soft locker? Does that mean that it is clutched?
Please redirect me if needed to follow this.
Thanks
try a search with terms soft locker in this forum in particular. Should help you get to the thread from a few months or so back with video description of how it works and other info including how to reach Bryce if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing happened from how I read it; Steve just let you know he prefers to deal with complete axles is all. If you want to buy the Locker part separate contact Bryce as mentioned earlier.

try a search with terms soft locker in this forum in particular. Should help you get to the thread from a few months or so back with video description of how it works and other info including how to reach Bryce if I recall correctly.
" your talking to a dead horse in this thread " I consider this as a bitch slap. There are 2 names with contact info. to buy these lockers from, you have one of them. I have a new way to setup the planetary hubs, i have large disc brakes for these meritors and front locking hubs in developement. Why should i share that here?

coachgeo

" your talking to a dead horse in this thread " I consider this as a bitch slap. There are 2 names with contact info. to buy these lockers from, you have one of them. I have a new way to setup the planetary hubs, i have large disc brakes for these meritors and front locking hubs in developement. Why should i share that here?
My apologies.... no bitch slap intended; infact the exact opposit. Sounded like your primary interest is selling complete axles. Since this thread is about buying the locker separately and you seemed to say you were not interested in doing that, didn't want folk hounding you about them. Is there someone else selling the locker too? Bet folk would love to know who that is. Can they PM you to get the info. if they are not on this board?

Super excited to hear you got some other exciting options in the works. That's a whole new horse in the game. Bet everyone will be excited to hear more about that!!!! Please tell when your ready.

Last edited:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My apologies.... no bitch slap intended; infact the exact opposit. Sounded like your primary interest is selling complete axles. Since this thread is about buying the locker separately and you seemed to say you were not interested in doing that, didn't want folk hounding you about them. Is there someone else selling the locker too? Bet folk would love to know who that is. Can they PM you to get the info. if they are not on this board?

Super excited to hear you got some other exciting options in the works. That's a whole new horse in the game. Bet everyone will be excited to hear more about that!!!! Please tell when your ready.
Thank you for your reply. I will see how many are left tomorrow and post his info. Bryce bought 8 of them from my guy. I have 4 coming for my inventory that are spoken for in axle builds.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, I have learned a ton from your post, especially before I even bought a Lmtv and was just a lurker here on the boards. I have high speed center sections sitting on a pallet in my garage that may get put on the delayed list with these mods you have hinted to, no need to rip everything apart more than once. I look forward to hearing more of what your up to, and if you need any guinea pig trucks to test things, I'm in, something about a fool and his wallet my wife keeps telling me. Also could have used a locker, pulling a stump out of a hole a few weeks ago, incline+grass+mud=2wd. One spinning in the front, one spinning in the rear. Had to go into mode, gear one, apply brakes and gas, ease the brake slightly and try to drive through them hoping the brake would keep power transfer even across the axle. Worked, after many attempts, barely.

Look forward to hearing about your new mods!

coachgeo

Reading back in some old thread and now am a bit confused about what Detroit is available now. Standart soft type Detroit locker has been mentioned but so has the Truetrac model. Which is the type your using in your axles and that Bryce and the other seller will have ... Truetrac or Standard Detroit? Much thanks in advance

Last edited:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All new production of DT.lockers for the last 17 years have been soft locker designs. As for the DT. ture-trac the only one in captivity, Wehring has it. This is as rare as chicken lips with matching dentures.

Attachments

coachgeo

... the DT. ture-trac the only one in captivity, Wehring has it. This is as rare as chicken lips with matching dentures.
Hey that's offensive to talk about a poor chicken like that.:x I'm gonna call the Political Correct Police on you:recovry4x4:. Will have to call quick though cause they won't have a job starting in Jan.:grd:

sorry couldn't resist. I promise no more bad jokes till next year.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact info. to buy LMTV lockers. Chris Boudreau at Southern Customs, in West palm beach, FL. 561-308-0490 price $795.00 each. I do not have the time to retail these. If you want to see what i do, go to Facebook and search : Differential eng. inc. stroll down through a couple of years.

Attachments

Last edited:

123cambo

steve6x6x6 could you help me, I am a wee bit ignorant regarding axles on these truck. Why not just pick up a pair of axletech 4000 and bolt them in?
Having said that, locker in the rear and hubs.....yaaaaa!

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The axletechs won't just bolt in without modification. The spring perchs are in the wrong spot. In addition the front steering arm is also different and would require needing one fabricated. Also would require different drive shafts as the mating point on the axle is a different design type. However Steve has to shop to build these, along with the knowledge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks