• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many of you use your cucv's everyday ?

Swamp Rooster

I am a Horse Logger and use my cucv as my mane work truck . I was just wondering how many other people out there were using theirs for everyday work . Swamp Rooster.

stampy

I used to but I need to put a new IP in her as she won't start when hot. Luckily that was only one of a few vehicle I have to drive

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive mine 35 minutes to the ferry, then 15 minutes to work, then reverse coming home, four to five days a week. Then every third weekend or so we drive it 1+25 up to the mountains for an overnighter. So averaging seven to eight hours a week every week for the last year.

EDIT to add: I've also done two max-effort stops that have taken several months off my life expectancy. I'm talkin' the whole squeal-&-smoke show kind of stops. Really, how much SA does it take to realize that it isn't a good idea to jump in front of a 6K pound truck that was made before anti-skid braking?

Last edited:

rsh4364

My 1009 is my only vehicle running right now,just turned 90k on odometer.was driving 80 miles round trip to work and back,but now 24 miles aday,thanks to a car pool. once you figure them out they are very dependable, I can tell you without this site I would have given up long ago,I had every bad thing happen that can happen.starter runaway,fried wire harness,bad hydroboost leaking on floor boards ect ect..

Last edited:

Drock

I purchased mine about 4 months ago with the intent for it to be my only business vehicle. I've driven it every day. Including several 40 mile round trips and a 75 mile trip with it loaded with 2000lbs of steel....

Skinny

I drive mine only on the weekend when I get a chance so it typically sits for a few weeks at a clip, starts up every single time. It also gets stored all winter without anything other than fuel additive. Fires up every single time...love the Cuck.

AECS

Just about every day, it is only 15 miles round trip to work. I usually drive it in the morning, and home for luch, take the car back after lunch, it is over 100 degrees by then and the M1009 don't have A/C...

b framer

I drive my M1028 every day to work. I haul fuel andtools in it. Definitely wish it had more power for towing. It does fine on the flat but hates the hills.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother is in the logging business and uses his M1008 every day. I think when he bought it, it had around 20K miles and now he has over 100K. The truck has been almost trouble free until about a month ago. He was just driving down the road and the crank broke. He found a guy parting out a M1008 and got another engine from him and he's back on the road.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive my M1009 when I won't be carpooling with my wifey. She likes the climate control of my other truck. Or she is just a little embarrassed to ride in it?

prairie

Every day. General farm/ranch use: errands to town, pulling a flatbed full of bales, fixing fence, hauling cattle to pasture, hauling 2,000-2,500 pallets of salt/mineral/feed, stretching woven wire, backup school vehicle, picking up groceries, etc.. Mainly gravel and dirt roads, but once in a great while I make a trip on oiled roads and highways to the our big cities in the area: Yankton SD--30 miles, Norfolk NE--50 miles, or O'Neill NE--55 miles.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use my M1031 every day on the farm. I have a Pro Fab bale bed mounted on it. Hauls hay year round due to drought, hauls pallets of feed, seed, and everything else. It have pulled 11 big round bales loaded on a 33' tandem dual trailer out of soft sandy fields. I pull a 1000 gallon nurse tank to the field with water or fertilizer. This truck was made for the farm! It has gone where I need to go and has saved me many a time in mud and snow. I can pull around a vehicle that is stuck in the road in mud by going into the sloped bar ditch because of the locker rear end and the limited slip front end. I usually get 10 to 12 mpg traveling on dirt and gravel roads in the 35 to 50 mph range. I drive 100 miles per day some days. I especially want to thank SS for keeping me going if I have a problem!

fitz

I try to drive mine daily 8 months of the year. Its not used as my primary commuter vehicle, mostly just around town, like to the gym and running errands. Once a week I'll take it to work, a 12 mile highway run just to streach its legs.
In the winter its stored inside so the salt doesn't eat away at it. I'll drive it in the winter if we get a long streach of nice weather. Its good to know its always there for a back up vehicle if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks