• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much would you bid on an M819?

No.2Diesel

Hi,

ida34 said: "Not the best but a good budget wrecker." :cookoo:

Huh? Are you kidding, that thing is great! The extra wheelbase, longer boom, enclosed operator cab, the ability to tow with pintle or 5th wheel... The only thing the M819 lacks is extra tool boxes/storage and a rear drag winch, both of which can be added in the future.

Good luck on the recovery Gimp.

Wanna trade for an M923? :razz:

M1075

Good looking M819. Definitely a good buy at under $3,000. I think I sold my last one for $6K or $7K, but it was rough. The M819 is better than the M816 in many ways, and I think only the limited availability keeps them being talked about much. They are workhorses!

papercu

How long is the 819, I am going to need to extend my wrecker's tow-light bar thingy
According to the TM from the front bumper:
to the end of the boom is 360.3 inch = 30.025 feet
to the rear of the truck is 341.5 inch = 28.458 333 333 feet
and from the ground to the boom cab, it is 135.3 inch = 11.275 feet tall
weighs in at 33,874 lbs.
What are you moving it with?
Max towed load for the M816 is 20,000 lbs
Wayne

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the looks of that model of truck. How are you planning to title it?

I know how to work with our state dmv. It won't be a problem.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats and best of luck!

Can you feeeeel the JEALOUSY ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

17.5 tons of fun!:-D Plenty to share with my friends! Any and all help, is appreciated. (you guys are great);-)

I do know that the front winch does need repair/parts(the lower fair-lead roller is broken off). If anybody has parts available, I'm interested!

It will be getting a tan top(for now), I grabbed a couple when Sportsman's Guide was selling them cheap the first time.

Eventually, this thing will head to NY. For now, it will spend some time in Ohio. Maybe it will make it to Haspin 2010?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wayne, which TM did you get that weight from? The TM 9-2320-260-10, lists it as weighing 35065 lbs.

Last edited: