• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How often do you use low range

Seth_O

You go to Prairie City? That's where I take mine
Sure do, headed there on tues in fact ;-). I'm always looking for other places to offroad my duece though, if you know of any in the area......

Not a lot of dueces in these parts, where are you located?

91W350

Low range low gear is the correct selection for climbing up on the upper deck of a stepped deck trailer, especially if towing another dead deuce behind you. Thanks Troy for the new life lesson...

Glen

Attachments

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes we use low range all day. Some of the dirt tracks we run aren't any good for high speed (over 30mph) ;)
I find low range is great for when I know we're not going to be going faster than 25mph. It lets us have 5 forward gears instead of 3. Just right for those 6 hour, 100 mile, days. :cool:
And def for backing the 105's.

Akicita

I like to use low 1st to back up my driveway. There's a slight incline and I have to snake around whatever other cars, tractor, etc. are parked there at the time, which isn't always easy since my truck is regular issue, not bobbed. I always park the Deuce in the back near the house. Going at that slow speed allows me to stay out of trouble. I have the tarp on the truck now and depend 100% on the mirrors to see where I'm going. In low 1st, the truck moves without jerks - if I don't hit anything.

Every once in a while I use low to get to the main road just to shift through the gears in low.

212sparky

I start out in low second always and run the gears and shift to high. My truck seems to get up to speed with less strain on the drivetrain.